Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Google Apps and Blacknight domain without hosting

11.12.2020 17:57 #1
deleted
Last edited by lordsheepface: 12.12.2020 at 20:48.
17.02.2021 18:02 #2
Right. I have another question on this please. I'm sorry I deleted the original post.

So I have my domain with Blacknight. I have hosted DNS using BN nameserves. I have MX records setup to Google Apps (Workspace) for my email. That's all working fine.

I don't want a website but obviously people are going to go to www.mydomain.com at times when I give it out as my email address. I'd be happy with a blank holding page or redirect to google or another domain. The problem I seem to face is that BN seems to show a holding page full of ads by default (I know most providers do this).

Is there a way to have a blank / neutral hosting page with the hosted DNS, or is it required to buy hosting?

Thanks
18.02.2021 21:18 #3
Originally posted by lordsheepface
Right. I have another question on this please. I'm sorry I deleted the original post.

So I have my domain with Blacknight. I have hosted DNS using BN nameserves. I have MX records setup to Google Apps (Workspace) for my email. That's all working fine.

I don't want a website but obviously people are going to go to www.mydomain.com at times when I give it out as my email address. I'd be happy with a blank holding page or redirect to google or another domain. The problem I seem to face is that BN seems to show a holding page full of ads by default (I know most providers do this).

Is there a way to have a blank / neutral hosting page with the hosted DNS, or is it required to buy hosting?

Thanks

You can have DNS records for email and use the URL forwarding to point somewhere else
If you need assistance please contact our Helpdesk directly
19.02.2021 17:40 #4
Hi Michele

Is there a page in the support knowledgebase which explains how to use URL forwarding please?

Thanks
19.02.2021 17:43 #5
1 thank
19.02.2021 18:00 #6
Thanks. I assumed the web hosting reference with hosted domains brought me through a shopping cart. Didn't realise I could do this. Thanks for your help.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video