Response Time
81%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

iOS app - can't enter decimal point

30.11.2020 10:16 #1
I was trying to pay a credit card bill using the iOS app this morning and the keypad presented didn't include a decimal point so I couldn't enter the correct amount.

Even worse, I tried pasting in the total from another app, and it just ignored the decimal and entered all the digits. So if I hadn't been paying attention, instead of €123.45 it would have transferred €12,345

Is this by design or a bug?
30.11.2020 11:37 #2
Originally posted by CupawnTae
I was trying to pay a credit card bill using the iOS app this morning and the keypad presented didn't include a decimal point so I couldn't enter the correct amount.

Even worse, I tried pasting in the total from another app, and it just ignored the decimal and entered all the digits. So if I hadn't been paying attention, instead of €123.45 it would have transferred €12,345

Hi CupawnTae,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. When adding a payee, there should be a decimal/full stop button to the bottom left of the keypad beside the 0. This would be how to enter a decimal amount.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard
30.11.2020 13:12 #3
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi CupawnTae,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. When adding a payee, there should be a decimal/full stop button to the bottom left of the keypad beside the 0. This would be how to enter a decimal amount.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

In fact, there isn't a button. There's a decimal point without a button. A lone decimal point floating there like an orphan. And it's quite difficult to see iOS dark mode. It's like a speck of dirt on the screen. 

Except when it's not there at all. Try this: Go into the app and start to make a payment. Touch the amount field. Swipe up slightly and hold to see other apps, chose another app. Use the same step to get back to the BOI app. Oops, the hard-to-see decimal is gone altogether.

So, as you correctly say, there should be a button. 
30.11.2020 14:32 #4
Originally posted by steve-o
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi CupawnTae,

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
Richard

In fact, there isn't a button. There's a decimal point without a button. A lone decimal point floating there like an orphan. And it's quite difficult to see iOS dark mode. It's like a speck of dirt on the screen. 

Except when it's not there at all. Try this: Go into the app and start to make a payment. Touch the amount field. Swipe up slightly and hold to see other apps, chose another app. Use the same step to get back to the BOI app. Oops, the hard-to-see decimal is gone altogether.

So, as you correctly say, there should be a button. 

Thanks for getting back to us on this. 

We really appreciate your feedback on this and we'll be sure to share this with our app development team to look into. 

We hope you have been able to make this transfer. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
Richard
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image