Response Time
99%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

LG 55CX5LB query

27.11.2020 21:37 #1
Hi folks,
I be interested in this model, I'm just wondering what stock levels might be like currently, do I need to pull the finger out so to speak lol.

Thanks in advance
1 thank
28.11.2020 10:21 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by Liamalone
Hi folks,
  I be interested in this model, I'm just wondering what stock levels might be like currently, do I need to pull the finger out so to speak lol.

Thanks in advance

Hey Liamalone.

Thanks for the post.

We had an exceptional day of trading yesterday which has left many products stock levels decimated.

The 55cx is unfortunately one of those products.

It has currently been switched off on our website until we can confirm more stock.
1 thank
30.11.2020 23:00 #3
Hello again :)

I'm still navigating the minefield that is there when choosing a new TV, overdue as I'm still running the Sony 42w705b I got off yourselves about five years ago.

I think I'm nearly decided on the LG 55BX, although the Sony 55XH9505 is still in the running along with the LG 55CX.

My Onkyo TX-SR309 will probably need replacing alongside or after the tv - depending on which tv I plump for. So my new question is this, any recommendations/deals for an av receiver that would suit a new tv in the spec bracket above?

Thanks in advance :)
2 thanks
01.12.2020 11:51 #4
Hello again :)

I'm still navigating the minefield that is there when choosing a new TV, overdue as I'm still running the Sony 42w705b I got off yourselves about five years ago.

I think I'm nearly decided on the LG 55BX, although the Sony 55XH9505 is still in the running along with the LG 55CX.

My Onkyo TX-SR309 will probably need replacing alongside or after the tv - depending on which tv I plump for. So my new question is this, any recommendations/deals for an av receiver that would suit a new tv in the spec bracket above?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Liamalone,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you!

I don;t think you can go wrong with the Denon AVRX2700! It's currently £599 but very future proofed with 8K passthrough as well as great streaming functions!

https://www.richersoun...s-x-av-receiver.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
01.12.2020 12:14 #5
Thanks DavidS :)

Regarding the AVR, I currently have a speaker set that's rated at 6 ohms, would they be compatible with the Denon? I know next to nothing about that side of things.

This is them: https://eu.pioneer-av....B/c/s-hs100/p/813156

Thanks.

Edit: even if the speakers are 'grand' would they be due an update also?
Last edited by Liamalone: 01.12.2020 at 12:26.
1 thank
01.12.2020 14:13 #6
Verified representative
Thanks DavidS :)

Regarding the AVR, I currently have a speaker set that's rated at 6 ohms, would they be compatible with the Denon? I know next to nothing about that side of things.

This is them: https://eu.pioneer-av.com/en-GB/c/s-hs100/p/813156

Thanks.

Edit: even if the speakers are 'grand' would they be due an update also?

Hey Liamalone.

Your speakers will run with the 2700 on issues and the 2700 is more than capable of running much more top end speakers for when you do go to upgrade them.

The 55CX is also now back for purchase on our website.
https://www.richersounds.ie/p-14028-lg-oled55cx5lb-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

We are our purchasing team in England are chasing an ETA on the Sony's but have no luck just yet.
1 thank
03.12.2020 17:46 #7
Took the plunge on the LG 55BX today, I'll leave upgrading the AVR until the new year.

Thanks again :)
1 thank
03.12.2020 18:04 #8
Verified representative
Took the plunge on the LG 55BX today, I'll leave upgrading the AVR until the new year.

Thanks again :)

Hey Liamalone.

Thanks for the order :)

Our courier will be in touch regarding the delivery.

Have a good evening.
1 thank
13.01.2021 22:44 #9
I'm back revisiting the AVR situation lol. Am I right in saying the the aforementioned Denon X2700 doesn't have a dab tuner? I'm hoping it does but can't see any mention of it in the specs.
1 thank
14.01.2021 11:26 #10
Verified representative
I'm back revisiting the AVR situation lol. Am I right in saying the the aforementioned Denon X2700 doesn't have a dab tuner? I'm hoping it does but can't see any mention of it in the specs.

Hi Liamalone.

Thanks for coming back to us.

Very few receivers have built in DAB tuners unfortunately.
The 2700 only has FM but with the Heos App you can get internet radio. Most Radio station from DAB can also be found here.

I think there is a European or US version that does have DAB but it not the one that we can get our hands on unfortunately.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon