Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Blacknight Representatives

N/A
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Domain DNS nameservers cannot be updated?

26.10.2020 02:17 #1
Hey guys, 

I'm trying to use netlify to deploy a site for the domain I have hosted with you. I have the site set up and am just trying to redirect the domain to it, and the directions have said to update the DNS nameservers to use the ones from netlify as seen here

When I try and update the nameservers though I'm getting an error (updated my domain name) 

Update of name servers for domain <my-domain>.ie failed: Could not push update of 'https://blackreg.com/v1/domains/<my-domain>.ie': Bad Request.

Could not service request, correct request and try again: Parameter value policy error [While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns1.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns2.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns3.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns4.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com]
[Error/status code: 400][Body: ]
Error Code: 0x10352eed.

Report ID: 11286778

Happy to go into more details if you need them? it looks like there is a failed check somewhere preventing me from making the change? Any insight would be good!

Cheers!
Red
26.10.2020 19:26 #2
Originally posted by RedXIV
Hey guys, 

I'm trying to use netlify to deploy a site for the domain I have hosted with you. I have the site set up and am just trying to redirect the domain to it, and the directions have said to update the DNS nameservers to use the ones from netlify as seen here

When I try and update the nameservers though I'm getting an error (updated my domain name) 

Update of name servers for domain <my-domain>.ie failed: Could not push update of 'https://blackreg.com/v1/domains/<my-domain>.ie': Bad Request.

Could not service request, correct request and try again: Parameter value policy error [While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns1.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns2.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns3.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
While checking Nameserver hostname for nameserver: dns4.p03.nsone.net for domain: <my-domain>.ie
Answer from dns1.p03.nsone.net does not match that from ns1.blacknight.com]
[Error/status code: 400][Body: ]
Error Code: 0x10352eed.

Report ID: 11286778

Happy to go into more details if you need them? it looks like there is a failed check somewhere preventing me from making the change? Any insight would be good!

Cheers!
Red

best to log a helpdesk request to get this ssorted
27.10.2020 11:13 #3
Please open a ticket with our helpdesk directly

The most common issue with updating .ie domain names is that the new DNS servers aren't configured correctly and the system checks before allowing the switch.

Michele
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon