Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

12 hrs
Response Time
67%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Transferring large amount to French account

17.10.2020 23:31 #1
Hello.
We are buying a house in France. We are cash buyers and want to transfer a large amount (€150K) to a French account from our current account. I know there are limits for online transfers but if I go into my local BoI branch, will I be able to transfer that amount? How long does it take for the transfer to complete?
Thanks.
Carlos
19.10.2020 11:00 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by doggy Bear
Hello.
We are buying a house in France. We are cash buyers and want to transfer a large amount (€150K) to a French account from our current account. I know there are limits for online transfers but if I go into my local BoI branch, will I be able to transfer that amount? How long does it take for the transfer to complete?
Thanks.
Carlos

Hi doggy Bear,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Transfers for amounts over the 365 limits can be requested in branch using the Interpay Form available here. When you bring call into the branch you can request for an Interpay Urgent which will be received by close of business on the same day, provided we have the request before 12 noon. An Interpay Normal will be received within three days. 

Thanks and best of luck with the purchase.
Tara 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon