Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Drain cover missing - Ballinteer Road

15.10.2020 20:50 #1
As you can see from the attached photos, there is a drain cover missing on Ballinteer Avenue, right outside the Coach House pub. This a hazard for cyclists.

Can you please get this fixed.

Attached Images

16.10.2020 12:13 #2
Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks for your message.

We recommend that you report this to the Roads and Drainage Department of your Local Authority as they are responsible for the maintenance of this infrastructure.

Thanks,
Allanah
16.10.2020 12:37 #3
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi AndrewJRenko,

Thanks for your message.

We recommend that you report this to the Roads and Drainage Department of your Local Authority as they are responsible for the maintenance of this infrastructure.

Thanks,
Allanah


I already contacted DLR. They told me to contact you.
16.10.2020 14:35 #4
Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
Allanah
16.10.2020 18:22 #5
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
Allanah

DLR say "he Inspector in charge of this case has informed me it is an Irish Water valve cover that is missing. Please report this issue directly to Irish Water for replacement. "
17.10.2020 17:27 #6
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
Allanah

you haven't a clue what it is until you get the investigation team to check it out. 

if it's a stop valve cover and IW are responsible for it
1 thank
17.10.2020 17:46 #7
Classic. A few years ago not long after Irish Water was established a family member had an issue with a communal blocked drain on her property. I made numerous calls to Irish Water and DLR Council trying to get someone to come out with both insisting it was the responsibility of the other. I felt like a table tennis ball I was bounced back and forth so often. I can't remember exactly but I think in the end it was a council employee (representing Irish Water) who came out only to tell us it was up to my family member to deal with. When it had happened previously before the formation of Irish Water the Council dealt with it without any issue.

Anyway it's good to hear that things have improved.
19.10.2020 14:49 #8
Originally posted by AndrewJRenko
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi AndrewJRenko,

From your looking at your picture, it appears to be a road gully, which would not fall under Irish Water's remit. You will need to contact the Roads Department in your Local Authority directly.

Thanks,
Allanah

DLR say "he Inspector in charge of this case has informed me it is an Irish Water valve cover that is missing. Please report this issue directly to Irish Water for replacement. "

Hi AndrewJRenko,

We apologize for the confusion. Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We have raised this issue with our Local Water Department to investigate this issue.

Thanks,
Rebecca.
1 thank
19.10.2020 14:52 #9
Originally posted by AndrewJRenko
As you can see from the attached photos, there is a drain cover missing on Ballinteer Avenue, right outside the Coach House pub. This a hazard for cyclists.

Can you please get this fixed.

How is that a hazard for cyclists? There is no bike with wheels that small lol
19.10.2020 18:13 #10
Originally posted by AlphaDelta1
How is that a hazard for cyclists? There is no bike with wheels that small lol


You don't need to fit a wheel into a hole for it to be a hazard. Any wheel hitting off the far edge of the whole will get an unnecessary bump, which could be destabilising.

Or are you suggesting none of these drains need covers?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion