N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Online purchase protection

12.10.2020 13:10 #1
Hi there, I've an account with KBC for quite some time, brilliant service and app excellent. My query relates to an online purchase I'm hoping to make for an electric bike, over €1K.The site is reputable etc but I'm nervous. I wondered is there any protections if an issue arises, for example non delivery. I use the standard mastercard debit card etc. I'm aware there is limited protection but there is a charge back option.

The site only accepts debit/credit cards etc.

Any advice aporecuated

JD
14.10.2020 15:51 #2
Verified representative
Good afternoon JD,

Thank you for your message,

With payments using the debit card there is a facility to raise a dispute on a transaction if you have not received the goods or services requested, we would however always advise that you only use the card for purchases on a reputable website to minimize the risk of an issue arising but if an issue does occur we have a dedicated disputes team that will be able to assist you further.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 93 92 44 or 00353 1664 6100 and the team will be happy to answer any other questions,

Regards Helen
14.10.2020 15:57 #3
Originally posted by AskKBC: Helen
Good afternoon JD,

Thank you for your message,

With payments using the debit card there is a facility to raise a dispute on a transaction if you have not received the goods or services requested, we would however always advise that you only use the card for purchases on a reputable website to minimize the risk of an issue arising but if an issue does occur we have a dedicated disputes team that will be able to assist you further.

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 93 92 44 or 00353 1664 6100 and the team will be happy to answer any other questions,

Regards Helen

Thanks Helen, much appreciated :)
14.10.2020 15:59 #4
Originally posted by Dempo1
Hi there, I've an account with KBC for quite some time, brilliant service and app excellent. My query relates to an online purchase I'm hoping to make for an electric bike, over €1K.The site is reputable etc but I'm nervous. I wondered is there any protections if an issue arises, for example non delivery. I use the standard mastercard debit card etc. I'm aware there is limited protection but there is a charge back option.

The site only accepts debit/credit cards etc.

Any advice aporecuated

JD

Pay with PayPal if you can, they have a good dispute resolution process.
14.10.2020 16:00 #5
Originally posted by VG31
Pay with PayPal if you can, they have a good dispute resolution process.

Thanks but as explained, particular site which is reputable only accept credit, debit cards,
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video