Irish Water Representatives

N/A
Response Time
33%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Weekly weekend works on South Circular road Between Dolphins Barns and Rialto

31.01.2021 13:26 #16
And another

Attached Images

01.02.2021 10:39 #17
Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your message. 

We will follow up in relation to these works and let you know as soon as we receive further information in relation to this. 

Thanks,
Allanah
20.02.2021 10:33 #18
Another spate of weeekend disruptions.

https://www.thejournal...lin-5357319-Feb2021/

When is it going to end. The road is a disgrace, and why does it take so long to finish a job. Stop starting over months on end does not help.
Last edited by bazermc: 20.02.2021 at 11:17.
1 thank
22.02.2021 11:04 #19
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

These works were part of the National Leakage Reduction Programme. Please see https://wtr.ie/3jIjYOg

We are not aware of any future disruptions for this area.

Thanks,
Jose
01.03.2021 22:59 #20
Originally posted by Irish Water: Jose
Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

These works were part of the National Leakage Reduction Programme. Please see https://wtr.ie/3jIjYOg

We are not aware of any future disruptions for this area.

Thanks,
Jose

Hi Jose

This same section of road was dug up again weekend just gone.

Why is this area being dug up so often and not finalised.

I have a photo I took of exact same works being done in July 2020. That’s nearly 9 months ago.

The road is an awful state, filthy dirty, half patched up and loose gravel everywhere. There’s also piles of those lane dividers left behind so presume they’ll be back to pick them up or there’s another round of digging in the works.

Please advise when this works will be done and the road put back into proper condition.

Thanks.
Last edited by bazermc: 01.03.2021 at 23:35.
1 thank
05.03.2021 09:20 #21
Hi bazermc,

Originally posted by bazermc

Hi Jose

This same section of road was dug up again weekend just gone.

Why is this area being dug up so often and not finalised.

I have a photo I took of exact same works being done in July 2020. That’s nearly 9 months ago.

The road is an awful state, filthy dirty, half patched up and loose gravel everywhere. Theres also piles of those lane dividers left behind so presume they’ll be back to pick them up or there’s another round of digging in the works.

Please advise when this works will be done and the road put back into proper condition.

Thanks.

We're really sorry for the delay in responding.

The works taking place as part of the Leakage Reduction Programme are essential works and Irish Water strive to ensure works are of minimal distribution to the community as possible.

The largest part of the mains replacement works has been completed at this point.

There are ancillary works to be completed over the coming weeks on the South Circular Road, however we expect that these works will not be as distributive from a water pressure and traffic management perspective.

We have communicated with the appointed contactors and the permanent reinstatement will be rolled out as soon as possible following the completion of this essential leakage reduction works.

Thanks,
Allanah
1 thank
07.04.2021 09:08 #22
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi bazermc,

The works taking place as part of the Leakage Reduction Programme are essential works and Irish Water strive to ensure works are of minimal distribution to the community as possible.

The largest part of the mains replacement works has been completed at this point.

There are ancillary works to be completed over the coming weeks on the South Circular Road, however we expect that these works will not be as distributive from a water pressure and traffic management perspective.

We have communicated with the appointed contactors and the permanent reinstatement will be rolled out as soon as possible following the completion of this essential leakage reduction works.

Thanks,
Allanah

Dear Irish water.

Is there any update on this road and whether the works are done now and it will be properly resurfaced. The road is in worse condition than a Boreen in South Kerry.
1 thank
07.04.2021 11:38 #23
Hi bazermc,

Thanks,
Allanah

Dear Irish water.

Is there any update on this road and whether the works are done now and it will be properly resurfaced. The road is in worse condition than a Boreen in South Kerry.

Hi Bazermc,

These works have been completed as of now.

Could you PM us the exact location of the needed reinstatement and we will pass this along to our contractors.

Reinstatement works usually take place 4-6 weeks after works are completed but I will make the contractors aware of the works needed.

Thanks,
Rebecca
07.04.2021 14:03 #24
Originally posted by Irish Water: Rebecca
Hi Bazermc,

Could you PM us the exact location of the needed reinstatement and we will pass this along to our contractors.

Reinstatement works usually take place 4-6 weeks after works are completed but I will make the contractors aware of the works needed.

Thanks,
Rebecca

Many thanks

The South Circular road starting at the cross road at Dolphins Barn going west through to Rialto Village.

The road is particularly bad at this exact location however I am aware residents have issues with further up the road at the LUAS bridge before kilmainham - https://goo.gl/maps/cdHazDaHkzy6JzjBA
Last edited by bazermc: 07.04.2021 at 14:13.
07.04.2021 15:04 #25
Hi Bazermc,

Thanks,
Rebecca

Many thanks

The South Circular road starting at the cross road at Dolphins Barn going west through to Rialto Village.

The road is particularly bad at this exact location however I am aware residents have issues with further up the road at the LUAS bridge before kilmainham - https://goo.gl/maps/cdHazDaHkzy6JzjBA

Hi Bazermc,

Thank you for confirming the location. I have raised this query with our Local Water Department to investigate further.

Thanks,
Rebecca
1 thank
07.04.2021 18:12 #26
Hi Bazermc,

Thanks,
Rebecca

Many thanks

Having just bounced home along the SCR, I can confirm this post.

Both locations - beside the funeral directors at the Dolphin's Barn end, and from the Rialto roundabout to the Luas bridge - are both in bits.
1 thank
25.04.2021 19:02 #27
Back digging the road again this weekend. Must be some leak.

Any chance the road will be nicely done after like they got in Ranalegh. Probably zero chance.
1 thank
26.04.2021 10:23 #28
Hi bazermc,

Back digging the road again this weekend. Must be some leak.

Any chance the road will be nicely done after like they got in Ranalegh. Probably zero chance.

The road will be fully reinstates once the ground has settled following works.

Thanks,
Allanah
1 thank
26.04.2021 13:11 #29
Hi bazermc,

The road will be fully reinstates once the ground has settled following works.

Thanks,
Allanah

Great but when will the actual works be completed. They’ve been going on for about 3 years now.
1 thank
26.04.2021 16:49 #30
Hi bazermc,

Thank you for getting back in touch.

We are currently looking into this for you and will return as soon as possible with an update.

Kind regards,
Louise
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list