Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

30 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Weekly weekend works on South Circular road Between Dolphins Barns and Rialto

10.10.2020 09:41 #1
As the titles states there has been constant works on the strip of road for the last 3 or 4 months every weekend with the road constantly being dug up and patched up again in different places.

Can you please advise what is going on, when the works will be finished and if the road will be properly put back to normal when done, as it is treacherous on a bicycle.

Thanks
3 thanks
12.10.2020 10:42 #2
Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your query.

Would you mind sending further details in relation to this via PM and we can set up a query if required on your behalf?

Can you also please include the following details:

- Name;
- Address; and
- Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
Allanah
12.10.2020 11:25 #3
Originally posted by Irish Water: Allanah
Hi bazermc,

Thanks for your query.

Would you mind sending further details in relation to this via PM and we can set up a query if required on your behalf?

Can you also please include the following details:

- Name;
- Address; and
- Contact number.

Thanks in advance,
Allanah

Thanks Allanah just sent via PM.
12.10.2020 11:34 #4
Thanks for your DM, a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Allanah
12.10.2020 11:36 #5
Could you please post the information here, so that other residents of the area who are driven mad by these works can know what's going on?
12.10.2020 12:01 #6
Originally posted by HeidiHeidi
Could you please post the information here, so that other residents of the area who are driven mad by these works can know what's going on?

Ill post up details when I get feedback.  it is ridiculous at this stage, constantly being dug up over and over again, road left filthy and bumpy and uneven.

Hopefully they do the same brilliant finish job as they have done with the road into Ranelagh Village from the canal side, but I very much doubt it
1 thank
12.10.2020 13:12 #7
Originally posted by bazermc

Ill post up details when I get feedback.  it is ridiculous at this stage, constantly being dug up over and over again, road left filthy and bumpy and uneven.

Hopefully they do the same brilliant finish job as they have done with the road into Ranelagh Village from the canal side, but I very much doubt it

There's a bit just before the Luas bridge, opposite the new cafe and restaurant, that looks like it's going to subside fairly soon!
20.10.2020 13:38 #8
Hi Irish Water.

Following my earlier thread Irish Water are back doing works today on the same piece of road.

Please see attached photos I took this am.
20.10.2020 13:40 #9
Photo attached

Attached Images

21.10.2020 09:43 #10
Hi bazermc,

Thanks for providing that information.

Originally posted by bazermc
Hi Irish Water.

Following my earlier thread Irish Water are back doing works today on the same piece of road.

Please see attached photos I took this am.

A member of our team has responded to your PM.

Thanks,
Allanah
23.10.2020 19:55 #11
Any useful info, OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house :confused:

For the record, I live nearby, and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.
24.10.2020 09:36 #12
Hi HeidiHeidi,

Any useful info,  OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house  :confused:

For the record, I live nearby,  and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.

GMC have been carrying out mains laying on behalf of Irish Water on the South Circular Road. We are awaiting further information in relation to your query on the length these works will continue.

Reinstatement work usually takes place between 4-6 weeks after works take place. This is to ensure that the ground underneath the works has settled so we can put down permanent reinstatement.

Thanks,
Allanah
1 thank
02.11.2020 11:15 #13
Any useful info,  OP?

I'm not sure why Irish Water can't just post the information here - it's not like the OP was asking about the supply to his own house  :confused:

For the record, I live nearby,  and I would also like to know if there's an end in sight to the works, and if the road is going to be properly reinstated.

Hi Heidi  I just spoke with Irish Water this morning and they confirmed the works will be done by January 2021 - apparently they are major replacement works.  I asked if the road would be properly reinstated which they said it would be.  However in my opinion and given the track record of Irish Water, that remains to be seen.

It is a pity that works are not of a stop start nature, as they would be done quicker in just done from start to finish without interruption.

Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video