Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Joining bonus

16.07.2020 23:12 #1
Hi,

I'm currently with EI for gas, and Energia for electricity.  I've bought an e-car and looking to get Night saver electricity meter and am looking at prices.  If I were to switch my electricity to EI with the gas, and get a night saver meter, do I qualify for the €250 sign on bonus?  It's not clear if this is only for a completely new customer, or if it applies to someone with one bill already with EI. 

Thanks,
Paul
17.07.2020 09:38 #2
Verified representative
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

With regard to what you would receive for a new electricity account and an existing gas account, we know that your bill saving off the units would increase from 5% to 8% (for each energy supply) per bill. To find out what bonus credit you would receive, contact Electric Ireland Sales on 1850 30 50 90 or sales@electricireland.ie

The NightSaver is beneficial economically if the electricity is used significantly during the night rate hours (currently midnight to 9am; 11pm to 8am when the clocks go back). Just to advise: the day rate is higher than the 24-hour meter rate, and the standing charge for the NightSaver is higher than that of the 24-hour meter. If a customer wishes to change from NightSaver to 24-hour meter, there is a call-out/works cost from ESB Networks, applied to the customer's bill. There is no charge to change from 24-hour meter to NightSaver.

To request the NightSaver meter, telephone Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372.

Let us know here on social media if you have follow-up questions before proceeding.

Kind regards,
Una
1 thank
17.07.2020 09:41 #3
Thank you, Una.  I'll give them a call later.

Paul
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image