Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Centre speaker for 3.1 surround

30.06.2020 14:09 #1
Hi 
Currently have two B&W CDM 2 Bookshelf speakers with a BK subwoofer and a 2300 denon receiver that I purchased from yourselves. I wish to add a centre speaker that would complement the set up and have a budget of €200. Mostly used for movies, netflix etc. The B&W HTM6 is a bit above my budget at the moment. Any feedback would be welcomed.
RON
1 thank
01.07.2020 14:51 #2
Originally posted by babybuilder
Hi 
Currently have two B&W CDM 2 Bookshelf speakers with a BK subwoofer and a 2300 denon receiver that I purchased from yourselves. I wish to add a centre speaker that would complement the set up and have a budget of €200. Mostly used for movies, netflix etc. The B&W HTM6 is a bit above my budget at the moment. Any feedback would be welcomed.
RON

Hi babybuilder,

Thanks for the post!

The best you could get around that price would be the new Monitor Audio Bronze C150 centre which sound amazing and are currently 199 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204730-monitor-audio-bronze-c150-black-single-centre-speaker.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
02.07.2020 15:44 #3
Hi David
Thanks for your reply. The Monitor looks good but I'm not sure it is similar in quality to the two B&Ws. Might save up a little bit more for a B&W centre as I don't want to unbalance the system. I will let you know more shortly I hope.
Thanks again
1 thank
02.07.2020 17:32 #4
Originally posted by babybuilder
Hi David
Thanks for your reply. The Monitor looks good but I'm not sure it is similar in quality to the two B&Ws. Might save up a little bit more for a B&W centre as I don't want to unbalance the system. I will let you know more shortly I hope.
Thanks again

No problem, keep me posted!

Kind regards

David
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right