Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

86 hrs
Response Time
50%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

mortgage - switching

02.06.2020 18:56 #1
Hi hope you are well. I'm just checking in what is expected time from credit approval to receiving list of auctioneers to value property and legal teams start working on switch. prelim approval since last week and no updates today
04.06.2020 11:58 #2
05.06.2020 00:11 #3
Originally posted by BronsonTB

Thanks .. yes after learning this now... a part of the issue though is the (I'm guessing) young lad that is helping as i'm doubting his competence... 

the steps I have been through so far (I also have a current account with KBC so I'm not a new new)

Step 1 ... filled in all details required.. inc banks, employment, photos etc etc
Step 2 ... spent about 90 mins on the phone with KBC rep giving every detail.... a lot more than necessary but to make it easy on the misfortune i gave everything 
Step 3 .. it went to credit approval... and all looked ok with 2 small document asks ... documents supplied with hours
 Step 4 .. went to next stage credit approval and 2 more docs requested... this point i had words with KBC guy and on email he stated we are movuing to next stage but 2 docs will be required for final approval... 
step 5 .. i asked what is story with estate agent valuation... no reply... in meantime I sent on 2 docs required so no issues at next stage
step 6 .. he then tells me we are still at stage 2 approval and no auctioneer called.. so basically i was told lies on email... not sure what his game is
step 7 ... spoke again today and asked we start on auctioneer .. which he can't as the computer said no
step 8... when i asked when we get auctioneer valuation what happens.. which he told me the request goes back through credit approval process again.. so when i asked why did he not ask for valuation at the start and avoid the same numbers being reviewed a third time... his only reply is this is the process

my view is i have been lumbered with a young lad who is basically clueless... I know he is not a reflection of the KBC team but we were really unfortunate to get landed what i now consider someone who incompetent
1 thank
05.06.2020 00:11 #4
Originally posted by BronsonTB

Thanks .. yes after learning this now... a part of the issue though is the (I'm guessing) young lad that is helping as i'm doubting his competence... 

the steps I have been through so far (I also have a current account with KBC so I'm not a new new)

Step 1 ... filled in all details required.. inc banks, employment, photos etc etc
Step 2 ... spent about 90 mins on the phone with KBC rep giving every detail.... a lot more than necessary but to make it easy on the misfortune i gave everything 
Step 3 .. it went to credit approval... and all looked ok with 2 small document asks ... documents supplied with hours
 Step 4 .. went to next stage credit approval and 2 more docs requested... this point i had words with KBC guy and on email he stated we are movuing to next stage but 2 docs will be required for final approval... 
step 5 .. i asked what is story with estate agent valuation... no reply... in meantime I sent on 2 docs required so no issues at next stage
step 6 .. he then tells me we are still at stage 2 approval and no auctioneer called.. so basically i was told lies on email... not sure what his game is
step 7 ... spoke again today and asked we start on auctioneer .. which he can't as the computer said no
step 8... when i asked when we get auctioneer valuation what happens.. which he told me the request goes back through credit approval process again.. so when i asked why did he not ask for valuation at the start and avoid the same numbers being reviewed a third time... his only reply is this is the process

my view is i have been lumbered with a young lad who is basically clueless... I know he is not a reflection of the KBC team but we were really unfortunate to get landed what i now consider someone who incompetent
26.06.2020 01:18 #5
Piece of advise for anyone looking at KBC for switching ... I would strongly recommend head to Ulster bank and avoid KBC like a plague, eventhough the rate is 0.05% higher in ulster.. you will get a superior service.. as i would class KBC as inefficent as any gov dept... incl dept of ag... which is not a great benchmark
1 thank
26.06.2020 16:06 #6
Hello Bellview,

Thank you for your post.

I apologise you have had a bad experience with KBC, if you would like to provide your contact number via PM, I would be happy to arrange a call for you to discuss this, or you can Freephone the team on 1800 51 52 53 or 0035316646666​​​​​​​.

You can also contact our complaints team at complaintsteam@kbc.ie

Thanks,

Catherine
1 thank
27.06.2020 11:22 #7
Originally posted by AskKBC: Catherine
Hello Bellview,

Thank you for your post.

I apologise you have had a bad experience with KBC, if you would like to provide your contact number via PM, I would be happy to arrange a call for you to discuss this, or you can Freephone the team on 1800 51 52 53 or 0035316646666​​​​​​​.

You can also contact our complaints team at complaintsteam@kbc.ie

Thanks,

Catherine

Sorry to be blunt here but if you really want to annoy customers get them to call the number.. as I mentioned earlier I still recommend anyone other than KBC..

I even have email from your team that lied on status of request.. so poor customer experience
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video