Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
99%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Sonos Connect query

02.06.2020 16:17 #1
Hi,

I am just wondering if you can confirm are these Gen 2 Sonos Connect devices that are still supported? I would like to pair up with my Beam in the living room and wondering can this device serve this purpose.

I understand these are now discontinued by Sonos and replaced by the Port but think its overkill for my need as I just want to link up a pair of bookshelf speakers. Is this the best price available on these?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10064-sonos-connect-zone-player-zp90.aspx
1 thank
02.06.2020 17:47 #2
Originally posted by henke
Hi,

I am just wondering if you can confirm are these Gen 2 Sonos Connect devices that are still supported? I would like to pair up with my Beam in the living room and wondering can this device serve this purpose.

I understand these are now discontinued by Sonos and replaced by the Port but think its overkill for my need as I just want to link up a pair of bookshelf speakers. Is this the best price available on these?

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-10064-sonos-connect-zone-player-zp90.aspx

Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

You can connect the ZP90 up with the Beam in the same music system but you would be unable to use it to run surround sound if that's what you mean? You would need a Sonos Amp to be able to run surround sound with passive speakers!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
1 thank
02.06.2020 19:48 #3
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: DavidS
Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

You can connect the ZP90 up with the Beam in the same music system but you would be unable to use it to run surround sound if that's what you mean? You would need a Sonos Amp to be able to run surround sound with passive speakers!

Kind regards

David

Yeah there powered active speakers I think correctly connected to a Chromecast Audio. I wanted to replace this and connect it to my Sonos system and think this fits the bill.
1 thank
03.06.2020 15:47 #4
Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Yeah there powered active speakers I think correctly connected to a Chromecast Audio. I wanted to replace this and connect it to my Sonos system and think this fits the bill.

Hi henke,

You can connect the ZP90 to your powered speakers so long as they have an RCA input then it will link with the Beam via the Sonos app!

Let me know if you have any other queries!

Kind regards

David
1 thank
05.06.2020 09:37 #5
Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Hi henke,

You can connect the ZP90 to your powered speakers so long as they have an RCA input then it will link with the Beam via the Sonos app!

Kind regards

David

Thanks. I am wondering is 199 sterling the absolute best price that can be done on these? I know Sonos have discontinued it in favour of the Port so I assume once existing stock is gone that is it.
1 thank
05.06.2020 15:27 #6
Hi henke,

Thanks for the post!

Kind regards

David

Hi henke,

Kind regards

David

Thanks. I am wondering is 199 sterling the absolute best price that can be done on these? I know Sonos have discontinued it in favour of the Port so I assume once existing stock is gone that is it.

Hi Henke.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The current £199 is already the clearance price on the Connects.
I would say that once stock runs out on them we will not see anymore.

Any questions please let us know.

Kenny.
1 thank
05.06.2020 15:37 #7
Ok thanks. I will place an online order this evening.
1 thank
05.06.2020 16:34 #8
Ok thanks. I will place an online order this evening.

No problem at all Henke.

If you have any problems please let us know.

Kenny.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon