Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
97%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Add stereo amp to receiver

23.05.2020 12:27 #1
Hi guys,

I’m using a Denon AVR-1910 receiver for AV and stereo sound. Thinking of adding a separate stereo amp for music. One that could connect to the pre-out of the Denon. Wondering what my options would be to give me a boost in sound quality without breaking the bank? Open to ex-demo, open box options if you have anything. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS8s

Edit.... Re-reading the Denon manual and I don’t think this is an option for me
Last edited by vinniemac: 23.05.2020 at 12:46.
1 thank
23.05.2020 12:48 #2
Originally posted by vinniemac
Hi guys,

I’m using a Denon AVR-1910 receiver for AV and stereo sound. Thinking of adding a separate stereo amp for music. One that could connect to the pre-out of the Denon. Wondering what my options would be to give me a boost in sound quality without breaking the bank? Open to ex-demo, open box options if you have anything. Speakers are Monitor Audio RS8s

Hi vinniemac,

If you're looking for a good amp that will drive a pair of RS8s and give you a noticeable difference in sound quality I would recommend one of the Cambridge Audio amps.

My first choice would be the CXA61 at £749/899 euro. It's one of the best mid range amps before going to the CXA81 at £999!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204388-cambridge-audio-cxa61-lunar-grey-stereo-amplifier.aspx

Below this I would recommend the Cambridge AXR100 at £449/499 euro. At 100 Watts per channel it is a great sounding, powerful amp however it doesn't use the toroidal power transformers that the CX series uses so wouldn't give quite the clarity and soundstage of the CXA61!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204232-cambridge-audio-axr100-lunar-grey-stereo-receiver.aspx?swapstore=1

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image