Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

37 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Fingerprint option not automatically appearing after update

14.05.2020 08:31 #1
I've just had to update your mobile app(app wouldn't let me in withiut updating) and now when on the login screen fhe fingerprint option isn't there. 

If brings up the enter pin option which I then have to click on and then there is an option on the number pad to click a finger print option and then i can use fhe fingerprint!

I have made sure the fingerprint option is turned on in the app and it still is. 

Its probably a big in the update but just looking for some clarity and bringing it to your attention. 
15.05.2020 10:21 #2
Verified representative
Good Morning adox,

Thank you for your recent message.
Thank you for notifying us on the issue you were having with the KBC App and allowing you use the finger print.
I will pass this onto the App development team to make them aware of the issue.
Should you have any further queries you can contact us here or by phone on 1800 93 92 44 oe abroad on 0035316646100.

Thank you,
Kirstin
19.05.2020 22:13 #3
KBC, take a look at the reviews for your Android app. Many, many people are complaining about this backward step which makes fingerprint access to the app more hidden, less convenient and hence less useful.

Here are a selection of quotes from those reviews. I'll leave off people's names...

May 19, 2020
Why do we need additional steps in the new version to use fingerprint login?! Basically 3 steps behind Revolut now.

May 18, 2020
Fingerprint scanner no longer working. Update: figured out the fingerprint login works but the UX is so unintuitive I didn't realise how to login.

May 17, 2020
Stupid update. Instead of sorting out the poor touch response in the app, you go and make fingerprint login as cumbersome as full pin! Pointless.

May 16, 2020
Finger print login no longer works immediately after opening app.... Why...?

May 16, 2020
Latest update defaults to pin entry, requiring two taps before using fingerprint entry. A step back from users perspective.

May 15, 2020
Amending this to 1 star after the latest update. Fingerprint login is now more cumbersome than inserting the actual 6-digit key. Makes the best feature of the app redundant.

May 14, 2020
Please make the app default to the fingerprint scanner when you open the app again. The new update bring you to enter the pin.

May 14, 2020
Finger print prompt now gone after latest update

May 14, 2020
Whether by design or accident, the new update means I can't use my finger print to login straight after launching the app - I now have to click onto the password section first and then hit the fingerprint button. This is very annoying.

May 13, 2020
Works are expected. However, of late, when I run the app it asks for my 6 digit PIN instead of my fingerprint. I have to tap on the pin, then on the fingerprint button. When did this change? Why? Change it back, please.

May 13, 2020
Newest update has messed up the fingerprint login. I used to have to just tap my fingerprint once only to login. Now I have to tap on the pin, then tap on the fingerprint icon. And then tap my fingerprint. This app is going backwards.

May 12, 2020
The last update is bad. The fingerprint login is not working like before. Please fix it

May 12, 2020
Last update broke the fingerprint authentication. Pin is requested instead of the fingerprint. Please fix it

May 12, 2020
Are you intenionaly breaking the app? Fingerprint sign in is now a three step process, and it used to be one. Android 9 users still have issues with UI responsiveness. For an online bank, you guys are really in the beginning of this century. Take a look at Revolut or N26, this how online banking should look in 2020.

... and those are just the people who bothered to spend time submitting a review. Imagine how many more annoyed customers there are who haven't submitted a review!
2 thanks
26.05.2020 22:32 #4
KBC, can we have an update please?
28.05.2020 14:32 #5
Hello JungleMartin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is a bug that we are currently working on to fix, apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Should you have any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Thank you,
Catherine
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list