Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

23 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Storage heaters

28.03.2020 21:55 #1
Hi all, recently moved into an apartment. We have 3 storage heaters but none of them seem to be working. The instant heat is working but none of them are charging overnight. I have seen on YouTube videos to reset the thermostat but none of these are the same spec as the ones we have and when I remove the cover I can’t see a red isolator or toggle to depress. Plus I don’t know if this would be the case for all 3 not working?

Any suggestions welcome. Pretty cold here

Thanks
28.03.2020 21:59 #2
Originally posted by jinky 7
Hi all, recently moved into an apartment. We have 3 storage heaters but none of them seem to be working. The instant heat is working but none of them are charging overnight. I have seen on YouTube videos to reset the thermostat but none of these are the same spec as the ones we have and when I remove the cover I can’t see a red isolator or toggle to depress. Plus I don’t know if this would be the case for all 3 not working?

Any suggestions welcome. Pretty cold here

Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88266170

Post no 9 shows where to press
30.03.2020 14:42 #3
Hi jinky 7,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

We are unable to provide any advice in relation to the heaters. The manufacturer or an electrician might be able to give you more information. 

We can just advise in relation to the electricity meter and time switch. If you haven't already done so, we recommend checking that the time switch is at the correct time in case you have a fault with the time switch. If you have two separate meters, the night storage meter tracks the usage on your night storage meter. If you just have one meter, then please check that the night rate is coming on at midnight.

If there is a time switch fault, Electric Ireland can arrange for an ESB Networks' technician to visit the property to fix the faulty timeswitch. Any issue with functioning of the meter would be outside our remit. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards, 
Aoife
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image