Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

37 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Why is everything so difficult with KBC?

04.03.2020 12:31 #1
I wanted to increase my credit card limit. Simply thing with my last provider, I log in online, request, then it's approved. No forms, posting documents or hassle
With kbc? I went into the website as there's no option on the mobile app. It says ring this number, so I do. 1st attempt the call is ended, 2nd someone answers & says I can't do it over the phone, I need to fill in a form & send it off, or go to a hub. I asked can I e-mail it & she says yes, gives me an address to e-mail. Now I get a reply saying this can't be done through e-mail.
Why can't KBC make even the simplest things easy. Hubs are too inconvenient, posting is slow. Why can't I just simply request an increase in the app or speaking to someone on the phone. Even e-mailed documents are not accepted yet they were good enough when applying for a mortgage.

I requested a mortgage break fee last Thursday & still haven't heard back yet. Its a simple calculation, surely this should not take 4 + days.
It's also now the 4th of March. How come mortgage statements have still not been sent out for last year. It's 2 months now.

I kind of laugh at the posts here of people giving out but I'm really starting to see their point!
2 thanks
04.03.2020 14:48 #2
Hello raxy,

Thank you for your post.

Apologies that you were given the wrong information in relation to sending in your application for increasing your credit card. We do require this form to be posted to us or dropped to any KBC hub. I will pass on your feedback on our process for this.

The general timeframe to receive a break funding fee is 3-5 working days, unfortunately it can take this amount of time.

There was a delay in the annual statements being sent out for our mortgages this year, these statements are currently being generated and posted in batches and should be with all customers within the next 2 weeks. If you need a statement more urgently we can generate this and post it to you today, we will just need to speak with you over the phone to do this.

I can arrange a call back for you with one of our customer service agents if you provide your best contact number by PM to follow up on any queries for yourself, otherwise you can free phone the team on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100.

Should you have any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team.

Thank you,

Catherine
1 thank
04.03.2020 16:52 #3
Originally posted by raxy
I wanted to increase my credit card limit. Simply thing with my last provider, I log in online, request, then it's approved. No forms, posting documents or hassle
With kbc? I went into the website as there's no option on the mobile app. It says ring this number, so I do. 1st attempt the call is ended, 2nd someone answers & says I can't do it over the phone, I need to fill in a form & send it off, or go to a hub. I asked can I e-mail it & she says yes, gives me an address to e-mail. Now I get a reply saying this can't be done through e-mail.
Why can't KBC make even the simplest things easy. Hubs are too inconvenient, posting is slow. Why can't I just simply request an increase in the app or speaking to someone on the phone. Even e-mailed documents are not accepted yet they were good enough when applying for a mortgage.

I requested a mortgage break fee last Thursday & still haven't heard back yet. Its a simple calculation, surely this should not take 4 + days.
It's also now the 4th of March. How come mortgage statements have still not been sent out for last year. It's 2 months now.

I kind of laugh at the posts here of people giving out but I'm really starting to see their point!

I once received a break funding fee after the cut off date. 
10.03.2020 09:19 #4
Originally posted by raxy

Glad you see people don't complain just for the sake of it, countless experiences here of genuine frustration with dealing with this bank.
11.03.2020 08:00 #5
Originally posted by BronsonTB
Glad you see people don't complain just for the sake of it, countless experiences here of genuine frustration with dealing with this bank.

To put it in context. I e-mailed the address a KBC employee told me to e-mail to request the limit at 10.15am. It took them 26 hours to reply to say I need to post the documents.
It took Avantcard 4 hours to process a new application with all documents uploaded online. New card should arrive today.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon