Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Connecting a sub

28.02.2020 09:36 #1
Hi. I'm going to be connecting my new Denon receiver up at the weekend and I've a couple of questions about connecting my Monitor Audio VW8 sub. On my old receiver (Yamaha rx-v 667) I had a single RCA from the sub-out to the right input on the back of the VW8, is there any benefit  running a single RCA to L/R cable instead (I do have a few of these "Y" cables lying around, or am I better just connecting the way I had it?....thanks
1 thank
28.02.2020 10:53 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by kingaaa
Hi. I'm going to be connecting my new Denon receiver up at the weekend and I've a couple of questions about connecting my Monitor Audio VW8 sub. On my old receiver (Yamaha rx-v 667) I had a single RCA from the sub-out to the right input on the back of the VW8, is there any benefit  running a single RCA to L/R cable instead (I do have a few of these "Y" cables lying around, or am I better just connecting the way I had it?....thanks

Hi Kingaaa.

Just sticking with the single should be grand.

However it will do no harm at all to try out the Y cable and see if you notice any difference.
1 thank
28.02.2020 12:30 #3
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kingaaa.

However it will do no harm at all to try out the Y cable and see if you notice any difference.

Thanks Kenny, been seven years since I hooked it up, memory is fading with old age !!!
1 thank
28.02.2020 12:34 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Kingaaa.

Thanks Kenny, been seven years since I hooked it up, memory is fading with old age !!!

Its no problem at all Kingaaa.

You should give each cable a try and if possible let me know if you thought there was any difference :)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video