Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Blacknight Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Phishing emails

26.02.2020 19:04 #1
I take it this isn't from Blacknight. Received same at both my iol email addresses, so no doubt many more people will have too. Both came from 'Blacknight <scoilnuala@eircom.net>'

Oddly the link brings you to the original Blacknight site, seems pointless as phishing emails goes.

Attached Images

27.02.2020 11:54 #2
Hi Blade,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do not send email from an eircom.net address.

Don't click the link. The linked text is the address of our site, but the actual hyperlink behind it is to a phishing page.

We've had a couple of reports like this. If you'd like to help, we would appreciate if you could forward the email you received, to us at help@blacknight.com.

Thanks,
Conn
27.02.2020 20:23 #3
Originally posted by Blacknight: Conn
Hi Blade,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do not send email from an eircom.net address.

Don't click the link. The linked text is the address of our site, but the actual hyperlink behind it is to a phishing page.

We've had a couple of reports like this. If you'd like to help, we would appreciate if you could forward the email you received, to us at help@blacknight.com.

Thanks,
Conn

Hi Conn,

Yeah the 'eircom.net' was the main giveaway.

Thankfully they actually forgot to include the hyperlink behind the text, so if any of your users clicked the link they were just directed to your site.

I've forward the two I got from both my accounts to that email, and will in future just forward any more there.

Thanks 
28.02.2020 07:07 #4
Thanks for your help! :) 
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right