Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
50%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Wind havoc, dish out of alignment, intermittent loss of signal 1 and/or signal 2

26.02.2020 16:37 #1
Hi there, we're having an issue here with a dual sky box installation for the last few days.
Wind havoc: dish out of alignment results in intermittent loss of signal 1 and/or signal 2.

Have a video I can send if that's any use showing what happens when I change channel:
On RTE1: fine and signal page shows both signals ok
I switch to (for example) 421: Get "Your Sky box isn't receiving a signal"
Signal page shows ZERO Input 1 signal, 'Not Locked' and 'NULL' network ID / Transport stream. 

What's the best way to proceed?
What are costs involved?
Thanks!
26.02.2020 16:51 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by minikin
Hi there, we're having an issue here with a dual sky box installation for the last few days.
Wind havoc: dish out of alignment results in intermittent loss of signal 1 and/or signal 2.

Have a video I can send if that's any use showing what happens when I change channel:
On RTE1: fine and signal page shows both signals ok
I switch to (for example) 421: Get "Your Sky box isn't receiving a signal"
Signal page shows ZERO Input 1 signal, 'Not Locked' and 'NULL' network ID / Transport stream. 

What's the best way to proceed?
What are costs involved?
Thanks!

Hey manikin,

Thanks for your post today.

It sounds like you may need an engineer visit. If you have Sky Q this would be free of charge, if you have Sky+HD there would be a charge applied. I can give you a call and discuss it all over the phone :)

Just PM your details to Sky Ireland: Reps and we will get back in touch with you.

Thanks,
Jenny
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list