Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
49%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Problem with Sky Broadband

25.02.2020 21:34 #1
Hi

We've had problems with our broadband for the past 24 hours or so. We've been through the various diagnostics on the website, and the Sky website says there is a problem on the line, and we need to call up to arrange an engineer. Two problems with this:

1) Our phone line is also down as its with Sky, so now we need to call from our mobiles, thereby incurring their 30c a minute charge

2) The number provided seems to be a UK number starting 0333 which our phones don't recognise

3) I call the generic 0818 number eventually, go through their automated 5 mins of nonsense, confirming account details etc. Then the service just says we're really busy at the minute due to the bad weather. Please call us back when the weather improves.....wtf?

I've sent you a PM as well with my details. Can you please arrange for one of your colleagues to call me as soon as possible to resolve this issue?

Whilst i'd love to wait until the weather improves in May or possibly June before i get this issue resolved, i need it for work so it's critical i get this resolved asap.

Thanks
26.02.2020 13:15 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by comuirch
Hi

We've had problems with our broadband for the past 24 hours or so. We've been through the various diagnostics on the website, and the Sky website says there is a problem on the line, and we need to call up to arrange an engineer. Two problems with this:

1) Our phone line is also down as its with Sky, so now we need to call from our mobiles, thereby incurring their 30c a minute charge

2) The number provided seems to be a UK number starting 0333 which our phones don't recognise

3) I call the generic 0818 number eventually, go through their automated 5 mins of nonsense, confirming account details etc. Then the service just says we're really busy at the minute due to the bad weather. Please call us back when the weather improves.....wtf?

I've sent you a PM as well with my details. Can you please arrange for one of your colleagues to call me as soon as possible to resolve this issue?

Whilst i'd love to wait until the weather improves in May or possibly June before i get this issue resolved, i need it for work so it's critical i get this resolved asap.

Thanks

Hey comuirch,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sky services.

I can see you have sent a PM. I will pick this up shortly and contact you directly.

Thanks,
Jenny
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image