Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

84 hrs
Response Time
78%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Bank Transfer from KBC not completed

25.02.2020 11:44 #1
Hi,

I requested a Bank Transfer from my KBC Deposit account in writing on Monday Feb 17th.
KBC rang on Wednesday 19th to confirm the transfer. It's now Feb 25th & the money has not moved from my KBC account.

What would be the average time to do a bank transfer to another Irish Bank..? Surely shouldn't take 4 business days...????
25.02.2020 12:58 #2
Verified representative
Hi UsBus,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to PM me your contact number I can arrange a call back and we can follow up on this for you.

Alternatively you can contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 if calling from abroad.

Many Thanks,

Aoife
26.02.2020 10:41 #3
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife B
Hi UsBus,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to PM me your contact number I can arrange a call back and we can follow up on this for you.

Alternatively you can contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 if calling from abroad.

Many Thanks,

Aoife

Thanks, called the number........put on endless hold & been fobbed off again
I am really furious about this now to be honest. I need this money urgently as it happens. Its 2 weeks since I sent in a written instruction as requested. Am starting to wonder where my money actually is now. I've been told there is an IT issue.. How can a bank in this day and age take this long and still not complete a simple bank transfer..?
02.03.2020 09:25 #4
Good morning UsBus,

Thank you for your reply.

Apologies that you are having this experience. This is something we will need to investigate for you, If you would like to PM me your contact number I can arrange a call back and we can look into this issue for you.

Should you have any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Thank you,

Catherine
02.03.2020 10:55 #5
Thanks,
I eventually got this sorted and the money has been transferred into my account. It was 2 weeks for the transfer after I supplied written instruction. Not a huge amount of time, but you could add another week from the initial phone call I made to transfer the money, posting the instruction and waiting for this to go through.

It would put you off transferring money between accounts. In contrast, I am able to process international transfers between other investment accounts in 1-2 hours, 24/7
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video