Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

13 hrs
Response Time
85%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

account

24.02.2020 20:48 #1
i was going to upgrade my account to a personal current account from student account , and it says when they finished setting up the account they will send me a text with my bic and iban i was just wondering do i get a new iban and bic or does it stay the same as it is , because i get my salary paid into my account and if i had to tell my employer that i have different bank details now or would that be affected
25.02.2020 11:49 #2
Hi Davet2001,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We'd be happy to help with this for you. Can we ask have you requested this change yet? If so, how did you requested the change from a student account to a personal current account? If this request was made in branch, you will have the same BIC and IBAN as before. If a new account was set up for you online, this would have a new BIC and IBAN.

We hope this information helps, and of course, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if we can help any further.

Many thanks,
Richard
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image