Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

richersounds.ie Representatives

8 hrs
Response Time
95%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

New Projector - €700 budget

24.02.2020 20:40 #1
Hi,

Im in the market for a new projector and I like the Optoma Hd39 darbee, what do you think of this one? I've a 12 year old 720p projector which has served me so well, but I think it's time for an upgrade, my budget is €750,and my current pj is set up on ceiling mount at 14 feet distance,so a short throw pj wouldn't work, Look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks in advance
1 thank
25.02.2020 14:26 #2
Originally posted by DougPeterson
Hi,

Im in the market for a new projector and I like the Optoma Hd39 darbee, what do you think of this one? I've a 12 year old 720p projector which has served me so well, but I think it's time for an upgrade, my budget is €750,and my current pj is set up on ceiling mount at 14 feet distance,so a short throw pj wouldn't work, Look forward to hearing from you guys

Thanks in advance

Hi DougPeterson,

Thanks for the post!

You really cant go wrong with the Optoma HD39 Darbee as an HD projector. It has great colour and quite high brightness as well at 3500 Lumens. To get a projector with a really noticeable difference you would be going for the Optoma UHD40 4K projector which has a significantly higher contrast ratio however you would be looking at £999 or 1249 euro:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203145-optoma-uhd40-4k-uhd-hdr-dlp-projector.aspx

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David
1 thank
27.02.2020 15:37 #3
Hi David,

Thanks for the response, does the Optoma Hd39 suit a universal ceiling mount fitting?and also, my current projector is about 14 feet away from the screen, is the hd39 suitable for that type of distance?

I would like to collect in store in Belfast next weekend, do you have many in stock at the moment or would I need to order one in?

Thanks
1 thank
27.02.2020 17:04 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by DougPeterson
Hi David,

Thanks for the response, does the Optoma Hd39 suit a universal ceiling mount fitting?and also, my current projector is about 14 feet away from the screen, is the hd39 suitable for that type of distance?

I would like to collect in store in Belfast next weekend, do you have many in stock at the moment or would I need to order one in?

Thanks

Hi DougPeterson.

You can use a universal Ceiling mount with the HD39DarBee.

At the moment we only have our display unit here at the Belfast store but there several in our main warehouse that we can order it for collection.
Next Friday should be no issue.

14 feet should be fine. We have our display one at about 3 meters meters from our screen.
This little throw calculator by Optoma might be of help:
https://www.projectorcentral.com/Optoma-HD39Darbee-projection-calculator-pro.htm

If you did want to get one ordered in for collection you can drop me over your full name and address in a PM along with your contact number and an email address and I can get the order up on our system.
03.03.2020 11:06 #5
Hello,

I am in two minds about this now after doing some digging, I've owned an lcd projector for years, never had an issue with the picture. The Optomas, BenQs all use dlp technology, and I've done some research and apparently a certain percentage of viewers see the "rainbow effect" which can be frustrating and money kind wasted. Is there any way of finding out if the Optoma Hd39 has this effect?

Kind rgards
1 thank
03.03.2020 11:47 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by DougPeterson
Hello,

I am in two minds about this now after doing some digging, I've owned an lcd projector for years, never had an issue with the picture. The Optomas, BenQs all use dlp technology, and I've done some research and apparently a certain percentage of viewers see the "rainbow effect" which can be frustrating and money kind wasted. Is there any way of finding out if the Optoma Hd39 has this effect?

Kind rgards

Hi DougPeterson.

We have ran our HD39DarBee for many many months in our demo room and none of the staff here have came across this issue.

I think its only certain people that this affects so I think you would need to try and find one in operation and have a watch at it to see if you get the Rainbow Effect. From doing some research some people can get headaches etc also while viewing DLP projectors but this again seems to come down to the individual.

If you wanted to stick with a LCD projector there is the Epson EH-TW5600
https://www.richersoun...-1080p-hd-ready.aspx

Or also the Epson EH-TW7000
https://www.richersoun...-3lcd-projector.aspx

Let me know what you think.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion