Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
41%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

SKY Q - MINI BOX

24.02.2020 16:40 #1
My parents have SKY Q with the main box and one mini box.  They were told that the mini box could be moved from one room to another.  It is currently in a bedroom and when moved to a tv in another part of the house it won't connect.  SKY broadband box is in a room near the bedroom and when it is connect back to that tv it works fine.  Is it possible that they need a SKY booster as they are thinking of getting a second mini box but don't want to if it is a case that the mini box won't connect in the room they want it in.  

Thanks. 
24.02.2020 16:57 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by shoes43
My parents have SKY Q with the main box and one mini box.  They were told that the mini box could be moved from one room to another.  It is currently in a bedroom and when moved to a tv in another part of the house it won't connect.  SKY broadband box is in a room near the bedroom and when it is connect back to that tv it works fine.  Is it possible that they need a SKY booster as they are thinking of getting a second mini box but don't want to if it is a case that the mini box won't connect in the room they want it in.  

Thanks. 

Hey shoes43,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

It does sound like they may need a booster, I'd be more than happy to help you with this.

Please PM us your parents details to Sky Ireland: Reps  and I can contact them directly.

Thanks,
Jenny
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image