Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

71 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Topping Up Revolut with KBC Credit Card

23.02.2020 13:49 #1
Hi,

I am wondering would topping up my Revolut account with my KBC Credit Card be treated as a normal purchase or cash advance? 

Thanks.
24.02.2020 10:03 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by js95
Hi,

I am wondering would topping up my Revolut account with my KBC Credit Card be treated as a normal purchase or cash advance? 

Thanks.

Hi js95,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you use your KBC credit card to top up your Revolut account it will be treated as a point of sale purchase.

Should you have any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Many thanks,

Aoife
1 thank
02.03.2020 07:54 #3
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife B
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi js95,

If you use your KBC credit card to top up your Revolut account it will be treated as a point of sale purchase.

Should you have any further queries, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Many thanks,

Aoife

Hi Aoife, is this still the case? Just want to make sure that it's not treated as a cash advance.

Thanks.
02.03.2020 07:58 #4
Rebuild recently changed how they code credit cards top ups so this may have changed.
02.03.2020 09:34 #5
Originally posted by muzim
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife B
Hi,

Thanks.

Hi js95,

Many thanks,

Aoife

Hi Aoife, is this still the case? Just want to make sure that it's not treated as a cash advance.

Thanks.

Hi Muzim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes this is still the case, If you use your KBC credit card to top up your Revolut account it will be treated as a point of sale purchase.

Many thanks,

Catherine
2 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list