Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Bank of Ireland Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
89%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Incorrect details with employer.

22.02.2020 00:28 #1
Hi,

I’ve started a new job and when giving my BOI details to the employer, I think the wrong digits may have been given. The business is also with BOI, so does BOI match account numbers with account names when processing payments? Additionally, are there any checksum digits within BOI bank account numbers to prevent my wages being paid to a total stranger?

Thanks.
22.02.2020 09:59 #2
Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

To ensure a transfer is made to the correct bank account it would be necessary for the exact and correct IBAN to be used. In this instance, it would be best to get in touch with your employer and give the the correct IBAN as soon as possible so there is no confusion with the transfer.

If the incorrect IBAN is given and does not exist, the funds will automatically bounce back in to the senders account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.
24.02.2020 00:14 #3
Originally posted by Bank of Ireland: Aisling
Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

To ensure a transfer is made to the correct bank account it would be necessary for the exact and correct IBAN to be used. In this instance, it would be best to get in touch with your employer and give the the correct IBAN as soon as possible so there is no confusion with the transfer.

If the incorrect IBAN is given and does not exist, the funds will automatically bounce back in to the senders account.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Aisling.

Thanks, and what if the incorrect IBAN happens to be someone else’s active account?
24.02.2020 10:46 #4
Hi Qrt,

Thanks for getting back to us this morning. 

If this IBAN happened to be for another customer's account, it would be best to advise your employer of this so they can request a recall of this transfer. 

Generally, if the IBAN is incorrect, the funds should return to the sending account in 5 working days.

Many thanks,
Richard
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image