Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
41%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Sky Go won't connect to Q box [Eir Broadband and Router]

21.02.2020 13:50 #1
Hi,

Since getting Sky Q, I've only managed to get Sky Go (PC, iPhone and iPad) to connect to the Q box on a couple of occasions. Each time, I've had to factory restore my router (Eir's F2000), reset the Q box, and reinstall Sky Go. Sky Go then connects, but disconnects after an hour and refuses to reconnect. Today it wouldn't even connect after I tried resetting everything.

Judging by this thread Link it seems to be an ongoing issue. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Sky Go working on Eir broadband with the F2000 router?

Cheers.  
21.02.2020 16:05 #2
Verified representative
Originally posted by Merry Prankster
Hi,

Since getting Sky Q, I've only managed to get Sky Go (PC, iPhone and iPad) to connect to the Q box on a couple of occasions. Each time, I've had to factory restore my router (Eir's F2000), reset the Q box, and reinstall Sky Go. Sky Go then connects, but disconnects after an hour and refuses to reconnect. Today it wouldn't even connect after I tried resetting everything.

Judging by this thread Link it seems to be an ongoing issue. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get Sky Go working on Eir broadband with the F2000 router?

Cheers.  

Hey Merry Prankster,

Thanks for your post.

I have sent this information onto the correct department and will get back in touch as soon as we have an update.

Thanks,
Jenny
1 thank
21.02.2020 16:57 #3
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Jenny
Originally posted by Merry Prankster
Hi,

Cheers.  

Hey Merry Prankster,

Thanks for your post.

I have sent this information onto the correct department and will get back in touch as soon as we have an update.

Thanks,
Jenny

That's great, cheers for that Jenny. It would be brilliant to get it working.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video