Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

55 hrs
Response Time
70%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

New mortgage rates

19.02.2020 12:15 #1
Hi, can you please confirm the new mortgage rates that will come into effect in March and also if existing customers can avail of these.

https://www.rte.ie/new...ixed-mortgage-rates/

Thanks.
19.02.2020 13:07 #2
Usually you can but will need to get a new valuation done and it'll be a new fixed rate term.

That's what happened in the past anyway.

I have to figure out if it's worth breaking and fixing again at the new rate. Each time I've done it, I've saved around €50 a month so valuation cost was offset within 3 months.
19.02.2020 13:18 #3
Yeah same here but just want confirmation of the new rates first.
1 thank
24.02.2020 11:02 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by flanders2006
Hi,  can you please confirm the new mortgage rates that will come into effect in March and also if existing customers can avail of these.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0218/1116108-kbc-cuts-3-and-5-year-fixed-mortgage-rates/

Thanks.

Hi flanders2006,

Thank you for your post.

Yes the mortgage rates coming into effect in March are also available for existing customers to avail of with an LTV of <=90%.

Existing customers can avail of these rates providing they have an up to date valuation report and application form on file.

Should you have any further queries or to discuss criteria further, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Many thanks,

Aoife
24.02.2020 11:06 #5
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife B

Hi flanders2006,

Thank you for your post.

Yes the mortgage rates coming into effect in March are also available for existing customers to avail of with an LTV of <=90%.

Existing customers can avail of these rates providing they have an up to date valuation report and application form on file.

Should you have any further queries or to discuss criteria further, don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from overseas.

Many thanks,

Aoife

Aoife, thanks for the reply. Can you confirm what the new rates will be?
24.02.2020 12:34 #6
Hi

I switched our mortgage recently to a 5 year fixed at 2.6% with LTV <=60%. What would be the new rates on this loan and would we be able to switch to the new lower rate for 5 years as an existing customer?
25.02.2020 11:38 #7
Verified representative
Originally posted by homer1982
Hi

I switched our mortgage recently to a 5 year fixed at 2.6% with LTV <=60%. What would be the new rates on this loan and would we be able to switch to the new lower rate for 5 years as an existing customer?

Hi homer1982,

Thank you for your post.

In order for us to discuss this and advise what the options would be we will need to speak with you over the phone.

If you would like to PM me your contact number I can arrange a call back for you.

Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 if calling from abroad.

Thanks,
Aoife
25.02.2020 11:43 #8
We've only just drawn down our mortgage in September 19, do we have to get a valuation done to avail of reduced mortgage rates?

Happy to pay the same monthly amount, or even more perhaps, but obviously would like the better fixed rate
26.02.2020 10:22 #9
Verified representative
Originally posted by Weepsie
We've only just  drawn down our mortgage in September 19, do we have to get a valuation done to avail of reduced mortgage rates?

Happy to pay the same monthly amount, or even more perhaps, but obviously would like the better fixed rate

Hi Weepsie,

Thank you for your post.

In order to apply for the LTV rates the valuation we hold on file must be dated within 4 months.

If the valuation is out of date then we would require an up to date valuation to be carried out by a valuer on our panel.

All details of our existing customer rate off can be found here: https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/mortgages/existing-customers/pdh-offer

Should you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from abroad.

Many thanks,

Aoife
27.02.2020 15:53 #10
Hi Weepsie,

Thank you for your post.

In order to apply for the LTV rates the valuation we hold on file must be dated within 4 months.

If the valuation is out of date then we would require an up to date valuation to be carried out by a valuer on our panel.

All details of our existing customer rate off can be found here: https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/mortgages/existing-customers/pdh-offer

Should you have any further queries please don’t hesitate to contact our customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100 from abroad.

Many thanks,

Aoife

4 months? Really. Between the house being valued initially and KBC taking the complete proverbials with drawing down we had nearly passed 4 months at that stage.

I wholly expect any future increase will require a valuation then within 4 months?
28.02.2020 10:38 #11
Verified representative
Originally posted by Weepsie
Hi Weepsie,

Thank you for your post.

Many thanks,

Aoife

4 months? Really. Between the house being valued initially and KBC taking the complete proverbials with drawing down we had nearly passed 4 months at that stage.

I wholly expect any future increase will require a valuation then within 4 months?

Hi Weepsie,

Thank you for your post.

Yes that would be the terms and conditions for the Loan to Value offer.

A valuation is required and they are only valid for 4 months so if it is outside of this time period a new one is required to be eligible to apply.

If you wish to discuss this any further I can arrange a call back for you if you would like to PM me your contact number.

Thanks,

Aoife
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image