Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Sepa Refund incorrect bill

13.02.2020 18:16 #1
Hi,  10 Year SKY BB & TV customer.  I reduced my SKY bill by cancelling a number of TV services on the 10/01/20 by phone. I received a SKY email the same day confirming my cancellations. My billing period is the 16th of month.

On the 20/01 I noticed my future bills didn't reflect my cancellations and rang SKY. SKY confirmed my cancellations and assured me my Feb bill would be correct.

On the 10/02 the services I cancelled were turned off and on the 11/02 I received my Feb bill.
My cancellations were still not reflected.  SKY have told me it was their mistake but it can't be rectified until March 16th via a credit on the March bill and they will take the full amount from my account now on the 16/02.

The difference is considerable and I cannot afford to wait a month to have these funds returned to me.

It is completely unacceptable, I spent 2 hours on the phone to SKY in January cancelling services and following up a second time when they weren't.

Can you confirm the following-

(I) There is a number of very similar issues to mine shown on this forum in the last few weeks. Have SKY got a cancellation issue here?

(II) I reduced my bill for a reason, I cannot afford to pay for a month for services I am not receiving. My only option is to refund the DD by SEPA.  What is SKY's procedure if I do this?

(III) Can I cancel my DD completely and pay by alternative means
1 thank
14.02.2020 13:01 #2
Hi Fuzzy_Dunlop78,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to see you experienced billing issues since downgrading your Sky account.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Could you please send us a PM with your details to Sky Ireland: Reps and one of our team will look into this for you.

Please note any PMs sent in after 5pm will be picked up the next working day.

All the best,

Seanagh :)
14.02.2020 17:58 #3
pm sent
15.02.2020 10:06 #4
It appears I won't receive an answer to my questions before the wrong funds are taken by the SKY direct debit on Monday.

I have contacted SKY 4 times in the last 30 days to try & resolve your mistake. Nobody would listen.

As SKY have neglected to amend their error I have no option but to cancel the direct debit. I will happily pay the correct amount on monday if you can offer me a method of doing so.

I do not have the money or cash flow to cover SKY's errors. SKY made a £1.1 Billion profit last year off their customers so you have the money to cover your own errors.
17.02.2020 13:02 #5
Verified representative
Hi Fuzzy_Dunlop,

Thanks for getting back in touch with Sky Ireland.

I have picked your PM up now and will be in touch shortly.

All the best,
Ciara
21.02.2020 12:08 #6
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Ciara
Hi Fuzzy_Dunlop,

All the best,
Ciara

Ciara, Can you contact me again RE: Sat Dish

Thanks
21.02.2020 13:50 #7
Verified representative
Originally posted by Fuzzy_Dunlop78
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Ciara
Hi Fuzzy_Dunlop,

All the best,
Ciara

Ciara, Can you contact me again RE: Sat Dish

Thanks

Hey Fuzzy_Dunlop78,

I know Ciara has been in touch with you already today, let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Jenny
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image