Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

78 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Logging in through desktop

11.02.2020 20:35 #1
Hi

I've recently moved to KBC and currently am using the app to login. Just wondering how it works through the desktop - it mentions mobile digital key login and physical digital key login.

My fear is I've no access to my phone how can I login? I'm currently with PTSB and all I need is my 16 digit access number

Thanks
12.02.2020 10:52 #2
You can request a physical digital key.

If using the mobile digital key then you do need your phone when logging in.
12.02.2020 15:40 #3
Cheers but I mean if I leave my phone at home and I pop into my parents I probably wouldn't have the key with me. Is that the only way? Seems a **** system in that you could easily be stranded not being able to log in
14.02.2020 10:28 #4
Originally posted by Trigger85
Cheers but I mean if I leave my phone at home and I pop into my parents I probably wouldn't have the key with me. Is that the only way? Seems a **** system in that you could easily be stranded not being able to log in

Yep, that's the setup. And you can't have both operational at once as far as I know so if you use the physical key I think there are issues then using mobile banking. I gave up on the physical key.
14.02.2020 15:23 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by Trigger85
Hi

I've recently moved to KBC and currently am using the app to login. Just wondering how it works through the desktop - it mentions mobile digital key login and physical digital key login.

My fear is I've no access to my phone how can I login? I'm currently with PTSB and all I need is my 16 digit access number

Thanks

Good Afternoon Trigger, thanks for getting in touch. If you are primarily set up for the mobile app, you can access a Mobile Digital Key under ‘Security’, this can be used to log in online. If you would like to change to a Physical Digital Key, you can then have a physical one and also have the app on your phone. If you would like to do this , I can arrange a call back for you with one of our customer service agents if you provide your best contact number, otherwise you can free phone the team on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100. Thanks, Lauren.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video