Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

6 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Bill error after PAYG gas meter removal

11.02.2020 16:27 #1
Hi,

I had a PAYG gas meter removed on 27 Jan. When it was removed I was up to date with my bill, ie no arrears, only €3/€4 worth of emergency credit owed on the day the meter was swapped. I have received a bill with the removal charge €200 which is fine, however there is €97 worth of gas on this bill that I do not owe, and cannot owe given the maximum amount of emergency gas available is €10. 

The bill was previously in my former partners name which I lost access to in December. I formally took over the bill in mid January this year. I feel this, coupled with the meter change has caused a mix up in the billing system.

I have tried on 2 occasions to remedy this over the phone, however on both occasions the representatives tried to fob me off saying the PAYG billing system is only an estimate which I know is rubbish. To suggest it could be almost €100 off the mark is ludicrous, another suggested that I owe for standing charges built up which again is rubbish because the bill sent states €200 for meter removal and €97 for gas charges. 

My information shows I owe €200 for meter removal and at most €5 for gas, I would like someone to look into this, my bill is due to be paid by 17 Feb however I cannot pay until I receive an accurate bill. 

I will provide my account number via PM

Regards
Anthony
11.02.2020 18:01 #2
Verified representative
Hi Tonto67,

We have sent you a private message.

Kind regards,
Una
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic