Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Group water scheme

09.02.2020 21:43 #1
Hi There,I am on a rural  group water scheme & we got a message saying we have a leak on our water meter so should be repaired asap,as leaks will be accounted for on your water bill!!!!Who is responsible to find this link & who repairs it & who is liable for the cost involved?Please advise.Many thanks 
09.02.2020 21:51 #2
Originally posted by coathanger
Hi There,I am on a rural  group water scheme & we got a message saying we have a leak on our water meter so should be repaired asap,as leaks will be accounted for on your water bill!!!!Who is responsible to find this link & who repairs it & who is liable for the cost involved?Please advise.Many thanks 

I would say who ever reads the meters maybe spotted this leak and is doing you a favour by telling you of same. assuming its a leak on your side of the metre??
your best enquire about it first anyway. should be contact number on your bill to speak to someone.
1 thank
10.02.2020 09:10 #3
Verified representative
Hi coathanger,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will look into this for you:

- Your full name;
- Your full address (including County & Eircode);
- Your contact number;
- Your account number; and
- WPRN.

Thanks,
Niamh
1 thank
11.02.2020 08:35 #4
PM Sent Niamh

Quote="Irish Water: Niamh;112501013"]Hi coathanger,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will look into this for you:

- Your full name;
- Your full address (including County & Eircode);
- Your contact number;
- Your account number; and
- WPRN.

Thanks,
Niamh[/quote]
11.02.2020 09:37 #5
Verified representative
Hi coathanger,
PM Sent  Niamh

We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Niamh
1 thank
11.02.2020 13:16 #6
Originally posted by ruwithme
I would say who ever reads the meters maybe spotted this leak and is doing you a favour by telling you of same. assuming its a leak on your side of the metre??
your best enquire about it first anyway. should be contact number on your bill to speak to someone.

Contacted the scheme , who were so un professional & absolutely of no help whatsoever, other than to tell me it’s my problem & I need to sort it & Irish Water were of no help either ...
Apparently these little group schemes don’t report to Irish Water or anyone , do can make up all their own rules ....

What a great country we live in 🀬
11.02.2020 13:58 #7
Verified representative
Hi coathanger,
Originally posted by ruwithme

Contacted the scheme , who were so un professional & absolutely of no help whatsoever, other than to tell me it’s my problem & I need to sort it & Irish Water were of no help either ...
Apparently these little group schemes don’t report to Irish Water or anyone , do can make up all their own rules ....

What a great country we live in 🀬

Sorry to hear that you had this experience.

Group Water Schemes are privately owned and operated schemes.Group schemes are responsible for the provision of supplies to their customers and the maintenance of their networks irrespective of whether supplies are privately or publicly sourced.

Please see here for more information on Group Water Schemes in Ireland.

Kind regards,
Niamh
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image