Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

59 hrs
Response Time
73%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Mortgage Variable to Fixed Rate

03.02.2020 11:09 #1
Hi,

I'm a mortgage customer of KBC. 

Out LTV is between 60% and 80% and on Variable rate now.

I saw your fixed rate is 2.3% for 2 years for the above LTV .

May I know, Are we eligible to switch to that Fixed rate?

Thank You
03.02.2020 13:02 #2
Verified representative
Good morning Thomas, 

Thank you for your message. You would be eligible to apply for our LTV rates once you meet the required criteria. 

You would need to be living in the property (with the correspondance and property address matching). you would need to be less that 90% loan to value and you would need to not have any arrears on your account at the moment. 

We would also need an up to date valuation report done by one of our approved valuers (full list available on our website https://www.kbc.ie/our...g-customers/valuers) and a fully completed LTV application form also found on our website. 

Should you have any queries in relation to applying for our LTV rates or any other queries you can call our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 or 35316646100. 

kind regards 

Ian 
03.02.2020 14:35 #3
Originally posted by AskKBC: Ian
Good morning Thomas, 

Thank you for your message. You would be eligible to apply for our LTV rates once you meet the required criteria. 

You would need to be living in the property (with the correspondance and property address matching). you would need to be less that 90% loan to value and you would need to not have any arrears on your account at the moment. 

We would also need an up to date valuation report done by one of our approved valuers (full list available on our website https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/mortgages/existing-customers/valuers) and a fully completed LTV application form also found on our website. 

Should you have any queries in relation to applying for our LTV rates or any other queries you can call our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 or 35316646100. 

kind regards 

Ian 

Hi Ian,

Thank You for the reply...

Do we need valuation again?   (we did same on 2018 to move from variable to fixed term)

Taking Valuation report again and again hassle for customers and expensive too.  
Other banks (AIB, BOI etc.) allowing their existing customers to move to fixed at any time just by an application. 
I'm afraid why KBC not doing so.

May I know, What's the point to take valuation again to move to fixed?

Thank You
03.02.2020 16:17 #4
You'll need a current valuation (They are only valid for 3 months)
I'm also with KBC and moved from variable to fixed.
06.02.2020 09:35 #5
Verified representative
Originally posted by Thomas16
Originally posted by AskKBC: Ian
Good morning Thomas, 

We would also need an up to date valuation report done by one of our approved valuers (full list available on our website https://www.kbc.ie/our-products/mortgages/existing-customers/valuers) and a fully completed LTV application form also found on our website. 

kind regards 

Ian 

Hi Ian,

Thank You for the reply...

Do we need valuation again?   (we did same on 2018 to move from variable to fixed term)

Taking Valuation report again and again hassle for customers and expensive too.  
Other banks (AIB, BOI etc.) allowing their existing customers to move to fixed at any time just by an application. 
I'm afraid why KBC not doing so.

May I know, What's the point to take valuation again to move to fixed?

Thank You

Good morning Thomas

Thank you for your response. 

We would need an up to date valuation done on the property. The valaution needs to be within the last 4 months. 

The reason for the up to date valuation is to see what LTV category you fall into and to have an accurate valuation done on the property. 

It is part of the terms and conditions of our LTV application process that an up to date valuation be done by one of our approved valuers in order to apply. 

If you have any further queries in relation to this you can call our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 or 35316646100 or I can arrange a call back for yourself to discuss if you send me your contact number in a private message. 

Kind regards 

Ian 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image