Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

55 hrs
Response Time
70%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Returned payment failed

20.01.2020 12:07 #1
A company that I have dealt with had set up a DD from my account which I asked them to cancel. There was a payment pending in December which they say they returned on 23rd Dec but which was taken out of my account on 27th December. They are adamant that they returned the payment (and have given me a reference for it) but I'm still down €58. Is this something you can check for me please? 
20.01.2020 14:45 #2
Verified representative
Hi miamee,

Thank you for your recent message.

In order for KBC to investigate this for you and have the funds from the Direct Debit refunded would need to speak to you over the phone.

I can arrange a call back for you with one of our customer service agents if you provide your best contact number by PM, otherwise you can Freephone the team on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100.

Thanks,

Kirstin
20.01.2020 16:42 #3
Thanks Kirsten, I have PMd my number to you now.
10.02.2020 12:17 #4
Follow up to this, I received a call (thank you) and the rep I spoke with advised me to fill in a Sepa Direct Debit Refund Request Form. I downloaded this and filled it in, however one part of it requires info from the company who so far have failed to refund the money to me - Creditor ID and the Unique Mandate Reference. I contacted them 10 days ago for this information, was assured that it was being sent to their accounts department but I have heard nothing since. I emailed to ask for an update this morning but if they do not reply is it possible to submit the form without this information on it if they refuse to give it to me? 
05.03.2020 08:58 #5
Hello miamee,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for the delayed response.

We can provide you with the unique mandate reference and creditor ID by requesting this information from our payments team. We will need to speak with you over the phone to get some details off you.

I can arrange a call back for you with one of our customer service agents if you provide your best contact number by PM, otherwise you can free phone the team on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100.

Thank you,

Catherine
05.03.2020 11:41 #6
Thanks Catherine, they eventually issued a manual refund to me for this so I don't need to fill in the form after all. 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video