Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Liberty Insurance Representatives

66 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Changing car

14.01.2020 08:52 #1
I have a current policy with Liberty that is up for renewal on 3rd Feb 2020. As I have just changed my car, am I best to change the car details on my current policy and then renew it, or to just take out a new policy with the new car details.

I have already done a quote for the new car and it is cheaper than my renewal was on the old one. I also don't wish to pay the 30 euro policy change fee when there's so little time left on the policy.

Please advise, thanks.
14.01.2020 09:02 #2
Originally posted by absurdtrivia
I have a current policy with Liberty that is up for renewal on 3rd Feb 2020. As I have just changed my car, am I best to change the car details on my current policy and then renew it, or to just take out a new policy with the new car details.

I have already done a quote for the new car and it is cheaper than my renewal was on the old one. I also don't wish to pay the 30 euro policy change fee when there's so little time left on the policy.

Please advise, thanks.

Hi absurdtrivia,

Can you PM your policy number and the new business quote reference number and I will request a call back for you, If you have purchased a new vehicle this will need to be updated. 

Thanks Rachel
14.01.2020 09:07 #3
Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Please advise, thanks.

Hi absurdtrivia,

Can you PM your policy number and the new business quote reference number and I will request a call back for you, If you have purchased a new vehicle this will need to be updated. 

Thanks Rachel

The new quote I got which is cheaper than my renewal, already has the new car details. Can't I just purchase the new quote/policy online and let the old policy expire.
14.01.2020 09:15 #4
Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Rachel

Please advise, thanks.

Hi absurdtrivia,

Thanks Rachel

The new quote I got which is cheaper than my renewal, already has the new car details. Can't I just purchase the new quote/policy online and let the old policy expire.

Yes you can do this but your no claims bonus will have to be transferred to the new policy, an agent will be able to assist you with this as well. Rachel
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video