Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Liberty Insurance Representatives

19 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Car insurance advice

18.12.2019 16:57 #1
Hello, my car renewal is up soon. I’m a young driver with 2 years ncb. Just when my renewal is up, I’m planning on going on holidays for 4-8 weeks. Can I start my insurance policy at a later date? And my premium price not be affected. I don’t want to end up paying a higher price as it is already a huge price. Or am I better paying for the insurance at renewal date and not say anything about going on holiday? Or would I be better off renewing my policy and then suspending it? Please keep in mind I don’t want to pay a higher premium thanks.
18.12.2019 16:59 #2
Hi Bella,

Can you please contact our call centre on 1890 89 1890 we are open to 7pm and agent will be able to advise you of the best options come your renewal.

Thanks Rachel
18.12.2019 17:00 #3
I had the same thought for the same reason a few years ago, but someone pointed out to me that if my car was stolen or spontaneously combusted while I was away, it wouldn't be covered - just something to consider.
18.12.2019 17:02 #4
Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Rachel
Hi Bella,

Can you please contact our call centre on 1890 89 1890 we are open to 7pm and agent will be able to advise you of the best options come your renewal.

Thanks Rachel

But my issue is, I want to know the facts. I don’t want to be pushed into a hole by an insurance company because I tell them everything. I want to know in a normal scenario if my insurance was up for renewal, can I start the policy lets say in 2 months time at the same price?

Or would I be better off renewing and then suspending my insurance?

Or else just letting the insurance run on and just pay for it
19.12.2019 08:39 #5
Originally posted by Bella2020
Originally posted by Liberty Insurance: Rachel
Hi Bella,

Thanks Rachel

But my issue is, I want to know the facts. I don’t want to be pushed into a hole by an insurance company because I tell them everything. I want to know in a normal scenario if my insurance was up for renewal, can I start the policy lets say in 2 months time at the same price?

Or would I be better off renewing and then suspending my insurance?

Or else just letting the insurance run on and just pay for it

You can suspend your policy but payment would have to be made for renewal. If you choose to let your policy stop and come to us for a new business quotation it is depending on the rates of insurance at the time to what premium would be quoted. I can request a call back for you as there is details we need to discuss on how to suspend your policy etc.

Thanks Rachel
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon