Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

33 hrs
Response Time
94%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

No sound on some channels

29.11.2019 10:41 #1
I have no sound on at least 2 channels - BBC 4 & True Movies. Did a reboot of the Horizon box, no change.
29.11.2019 13:28 #2
Originally posted by Mearings
I have no sound on at least 2 channels - BBC 4 & True Movies. Did a reboot of the Horizon box, no change.

Hi There,

Can you make sure that your Scart/HDMI connection is secure at your TV and Horizon box. If it is a HDMI lead can you swap the ends around to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.
29.11.2019 14:37 #3
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Monica

Hi There,

Can you make sure that your Scart/HDMI connection is secure at your TV and Horizon box. If it is a HDMI lead can you swap the ends around to see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.

HDMI reversed, also replaced. Still no sound on True Movies, BBC 4 off air. Sound ok on other chanels including Film4.
29.11.2019 23:08 #4
I checked BBC 4 this evening, still no sound.  I could understand if all channels were affected but 2 random channels??
29.11.2019 23:45 #5
There was a major all-channels outage last night (Dublin 8) around midnight so there may be issues carrying over since then.  However, I have normal service on all channels today (Cisco HD box)
1 thank
29.11.2019 23:45 #6
There was a major all-channels outage last night (Dublin 8) around midnight so there may be issues carrying over since then.  However, I have normal service on all channels today (Cisco HD box)
1 thank
30.11.2019 08:50 #7
Thank you. I became aware of this problem on Wednesday also I live in the midlands.
02.12.2019 12:07 #8
I checked BBC 4 this evening, still no sound.  I could understand if all channels were affected but 2 random channels??

Hi There.

Thanks for checking, We will need to sun some further checks here. Please PM Virgin Media: Reps and we can run some testing here.

Thanks.
02.12.2019 19:06 #9
I checked BBC 4 this evening, still no sound. I could understand if all channels were affected but 2 random channels??

Hi There.

Thanks for checking, We will need to sun some further checks here. Please PM Virgin Media: Reps and we can run some testing here.

Thanks.

Thank you. I rang Technical, they said I was not the only one - same channels, same problem. The good news is that both channels now have sound.
I suppose I should cancel engineer's Thursday visit.
Last edited by Mearings: 02.12.2019 at 19:45.
04.12.2019 12:11 #10
I checked BBC 4 this evening, still no sound.  I could understand if all channels were affected but 2 random channels??

Hi There.

Thanks.

Thank you. I rang Technical, they said I was not the only one - same channels, same problem. The good news is that both channels now have sound.
I suppose I should cancel engineer's Thursday visit.

Hi There.

Thanks for letting us know. You can cancel your tech visit via WhatsApp on 0896000016 or by text on 0861802267.

Thanks.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon