Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Goodbye - Virgin Media Talk To forum closing 5th December

28.11.2019 09:40 #1
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know we’re saying farewell to our boards community from Thursday December 5th.

Thank you so much for all your great questions and interactions over the years.

If you fancy having a chat or hanging out with us again, you can contact us on WhatsApp on 0896000016?

Alternatively, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VirginMediaIreland/ and Twitter <https://twitter.com/VirginMediaIE>

Wishing everyone on Boards.ie continued success.

Kind Regards,
The VM team
Last edited by Boards.ie: Niamh: 02.12.2019 at 12:27. Reason: Updating thread title
28.11.2019 09:47 #2
To be honest, i found this as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike so no real loss in my eyes. Suppose ill have to continue speaking to the grating, the over the top nice Filipino people wishing me a great day while i am fuming with the never ending short comings of my 4th replacement horizon box :(
12 thanks
02.12.2019 10:06 #3
Originally posted by secman
To be honest, i found this as useful as an ashtray  on a motorbike so no real loss in my eyes.  Suppose ill have to continue speaking to the grating, the over the top nice Filipino people wishing me a great day while i am fuming with the never ending short comings of my 4th replacement horizon box :(

they are shocking 

worst ever
3 thanks
02.12.2019 10:07 #4
Don’t let the door hit you in the ass, etc.
1 thank
02.12.2019 10:11 #5
Funny they increased the pricing.

No contact at all to see would I stay and on the day of connection cut off I get 2 calls.

Tried to find out what was up and get put through 4 department to be told it's the loyalty team but they just wanted to let me know I'm due back a few euro like less then €10.....

I was happy with the broadband but the TV was rubbish as was the horizon box.....

Oh well off to another provider and I don't think I'll be back.
3 thanks
02.12.2019 11:00 #6
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Monica
Hi Folks,

Just to let you know we’re saying farewell to our boards community from Thursday December 5th.

Thank you so much for all your great questions and interactions over the years.

If you fancy having a chat or hanging out with us again, you can contact us on  WhatsApp on 0896000016?

Alternatively, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/VirginMediaIreland/ and Twitter <https://twitter.com/VirginMediaIE>

Wishing everyone on Boards.ie continued success.

Kind Regards,
The VM team

Hi Virgin Media: Monica,

We will certainly pass on your feedback regarding the issues raised.

We can also arrange a call with a member of our Horizon Team to discuss further, if you PM "$hifty" with your account details.

Thanks
9 thanks
04.12.2019 11:14 #7
I have literally created this login today, in order to try and get some traction on the issues i have. I have had no internet for ten days and it hasn't worked properly since the start of October. The service is dreadful, and i would tell anyone that trying to get customer service to get anything impactful done is a waste of time. I have probably wasted approx 20 hrs in back and forths through wattsapp and calls. I have had 3 modems, a technician and a long drawn out argument with the customer service rep, telling me after the 1st line technician had told me that a 2nd line tech was required, they were going to proceed and send another 1 st line out anyway - rediculous. I just want to leave now, and i need you to fail 3 times in rectifying the issue to cancel the contract. Even though i have had no internet for days and problems for weeks. I really think I hate you. Also, i will go out of my way to tell people to avoid you. I'm using my local FB group for my estate/locallity and any social outlet i can to warn people. You probably don't care, but if i successfully prevent even 3 people signing up  - i will be happier
2 thanks
04.12.2019 12:27 #8
I must be one of the few who are disappointed with this service being removed. I had a fair bit of bother getting set up with virgin and the reps on here were generally very helpful and responsive. Phone support is a mixed bag - some people have been great, but on the flip side I had some absolute clown try to talk me through pairing my remote as a solution to the fact I was getting no signal.

The WhatsApp chat is beyond a joke and resembles more an attempt at simulating hell than a support service. Can you close that instead?
3 thanks
04.12.2019 12:39 #9
Originally posted by rgarry1981
I have literally created this login today, in order to try and get some traction on the issues i have. I have had no internet for ten days and it hasn't worked properly since the start of October. The service is dreadful, and i would tell anyone that trying to get customer service to get anything impactful done is a waste of time. I have probably wasted approx 20 hrs in back and forths through wattsapp and calls. I have had 3 modems, a technician and a long drawn out argument with the customer service rep, telling me after the 1st line technician had told me that a 2nd line tech was required, they were going to proceed and send another 1 st line out anyway - rediculous. I just want to leave now, and i need you to fail 3 times in rectifying the issue to cancel the contract. Even though i have had no internet for days and problems for weeks. I really think I hate you. Also, i will go out of my way to tell people to avoid you. I'm using my local FB group for my estate/locallity and any social outlet i can  to warn people. You probably don't care, but if i successfully prevent even 3 people signing up  - i will be happier

Hi There.

We are sorry to hear of your experience. We will pass your feedback to our teams internally. Please contact us here https://www.virginmedia.ie/contact/ if you need anything.

Thanks.
05.12.2019 00:13 #10
Promoting one of the most hacked apps as the means for support (not to mention passing all data to FB who are going for world domination of data)
Just another measure by a large company to hide any bad comments from the public view - suck it up and own it (no bad will against the support staff here who have to put up with a load of crap)
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video