Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

10 hrs
Response Time
98%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Price Increase, again???

19.10.2019 21:02 #1
Are Sky increasing prices again in Nov/Dec of this year?
19.10.2019 21:20 #2
Originally posted by hellboy99
Are Sky increasing prices again in Nov/Dec of this year?

I got a letter saying my variety package is going up 2.50. I'm currently in contract but apparently will still be affected.
Last time they they done this I was out of contract, and "cancelled" before an amazing offer came across the desk(sounds like the wolf of wall street) of the sky rep and I ended up paying 5 euro less per month.

It was funny actually they gave me a few offers and I refused most as I wanted to be paying substantially less than the year before. I think at one stage we were out by about 50c and I refused that one.

An awful greedy shower!
2 thanks
19.10.2019 22:12 #3
Originally posted by Tomspud
I got a letter saying my variety package is going up 2.50. I'm currently in contract but apparently will still be affected.
Last time they they done this I was out of contract, and "cancelled" before an amazing offer came across the desk(sounds like the wolf of wall street) of the sky rep and I ended up paying 5 euro less per month.

It was funny actually they gave me a few offers and I refused most as I wanted to be paying substantially less than the year before. I think at one stage we were out by about 50c and I refused that one.

An awful greedy shower!

Just checked my sky and can see that variety is going up by 3 euro and multi screen up 1.50
1 thank
19.10.2019 22:15 #4
I parted company with those thieves years ago and have never looked back..Plenty of alternatives out there.
9 thanks
21.10.2019 13:25 #5
I see my subscription has gone up from November. Really sick of these constant price increases.
21.10.2019 13:51 #6
does this price increase entitle you to cancel your contract? 3 euro on the std package
21.10.2019 14:20 #7
Hi
I got an email about a price increase, so I would like to remove the contract
21.10.2019 15:52 #8
Verified representative
Hey billbond4,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you want to cancel your account with Sky. Can you please send a PM to our Sky Ireland: Reps account with your name and contact number.

Bear in mind, any PMs sent after 5pm will be picked up between 1pm and 5pm the next working day.

Cheers,
Sarah
21.10.2019 16:06 #9
Hi There just got an email from Sky adding 3 Euro a month to my Sky Pack I don't want to continue with this as I have just retired and Sky is costing me way to much, I have been with Sky for a long long time now but I want to cancel my contract.
21.10.2019 16:22 #10
Verified representative
Hey all,

From the 1st of December, we will be making some changes to the price of TV packages for some customers and we have begun to contact those effected.

We try to keep costs down and provide greater choice for our customers to pick the package that best suits them.

We know price increases are never welcome, but we hope customers can see that our innovation, great content and our industry leading customer service provide good value.

If you are going to experience an increase to your subscription, you will be notified beforehand.

Cheers,
Sarah
21.10.2019 16:26 #11
Verified representative
Hey Storm 10,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry you want to cancel your account with Sky.

To do this, the named Sky account holder needs to speak with our Customer Loyalty Team on 0818 719 819. They will be able to go through the options available to you.

They're available Monday to Friday 9am to 7pm and Saturday 9am to 5:30pm.

Cheers,
Sarah
21.10.2019 16:26 #12
What’s the point in having a contract that says you’ll be charged x a month for a certain period but one party can say 15 days into that contract sorry that’s now x + y for the rest.
21.10.2019 16:33 #13
My wife got the email today saying her price was increasing in December despite only signing up last April. Are Sky allowed to offer a price for the year but then increase during the contract period. Also I see the same excuse trotted out for an increase but never see the corresponding improvement in service.
1 thank
21.10.2019 16:34 #14
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Sarah
Hey all,

From the 1st of December, we will be making some changes to the price of TV packages for some customers and we have begun to contact those effected.

We try to keep costs down and provide greater choice for our customers to pick the package that best suits them.

We know price increases are never welcome, but we hope customers can see that our innovation, great content and our industry leading customer service provide good value.

If you are going to experience an increase to your subscription, you will be notified beforehand.

Cheers,
Sarah

My wife signed up April this year, 8 months in you are increasing the price. What's the point of a 12 month contract?
1 thank
21.10.2019 16:37 #15
Verified representative
Hey Cyrus,

Certain customers will be able to leave within contract, where customers have this right the notification will explain their options for cancelling.

Cheers,
Sarah
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list