Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Liberty Insurance Representatives

7 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

No claims bonus verification

19.10.2019 11:13 #1
Hi,

I've recently insured a car with Liberty Insurance.
I've sent the No claims bonus proof from my previous insurance, from Italian insurer Verti.
They have even been able to provide it in English and that's what I've sent.

Now Liberty Insurance claims to have been unable to verify the no claims bonus and is asking for an additional ~2400€.
My understanding is that they want an email reply from my previous insurer, which is silly seeing as they already provided proof in authenticated company headed paper.

I've reached out to Verti but they seem as baffled about this request as I am, and given they don't have a process in place for such bizarre requests they aren't sure they'll be able to comply.

What are my options here?

My premium also just went up an INSANE 250% while the No claims bonus discount from the original quote
only amounted to ~1100€ (still an 80% increase).

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrea
Last edited by andfagiani: 19.10.2019 at 11:24.
1 thank
21.10.2019 10:08 #2
Originally posted by andfagiani
Hi,

I've sent the No claims bonus proof from my previous insurance, from Italian insurer Verti.

Now Liberty Insurance claims to have been unable to verify the no claims bonus and is asking for an additional ~2400€.
My understanding is that they want an email reply from my previous insurer, which is silly seeing as they already provided proof in authenticated company headed paper.

I've reached out to Verti but they seem as baffled about this request as I am, and given they don't have a process in place for such bizarre requests they aren't sure they'll be able to comply.

My premium also just went up an INSANE 250% while the No claims bonus discount from the original quote

Thanks,
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Could you PM me with your policy number and we will look into this.

Thanks Una
22.10.2019 09:52 #3
Originally posted by andfagiani
Hi,

Thanks,
Andrea

Hi Andrea, can you directly message me you policy number so I can investigate this for you? Kim
23.10.2019 13:38 #4
All sorted, special thanks to Una for the support provided.

Andrea
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon