Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

4G with Prepay Plan

02.10.2019 14:41 #1
Hi,

I just activated my sim today but no 4G although I am in a 4G zone.
Does it take some time to activate or do I need to do something? Phone is an Iphone 6s and used with 4G before, so thats not the issue.

At one stage the hotspot functoin seem to work, however now that`s saying: "To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact carrier".

Mobile Data APN is set to: Tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com and 'Data Roaming' is ON.

Thanks.

C.
Last edited by 4dxc: 02.10.2019 at 16:24.
02.10.2019 17:07 #2
Originally posted by 4dxc
Hi,

I just activated my sim today but no 4G although I am in a 4G zone.
Does it take some time to activate or do I need to do something? Phone is an Iphone 6s and used with 4G before, so thats not the issue.

At one stage the hotspot functoin seem to work, however now that`s saying: "To enable personal hotspot on this account, contact carrier".

Mobile Data APN is set to: Tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com and 'Data Roaming' is ON.

Thanks.

C.

For anyone with a similar problem: the online chat is much faster ;o)

1) 4G: They activated it on the account and it works now

2) Mobile Data APN has to be set up for the 'Personal Hotspot' as well. Same as above: Tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
03.10.2019 10:17 #3
Hi 4dxc,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're glad to hear the issue is resolved for you. Please let us know if you need further assistance in the future.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image