Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Why was I lied to by Tesco Mobile CS rep?

26.09.2019 11:41 #1
I was told on Sep 24th that I could not be given an unlock code over the phone as there was a 'technical issue' and it would take 3 days to resolve. Now I am being told that it takes 21 working days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why in the name of all that is holy would it take that long to get something that is a number that takes seconds to generate and can be sent electronically in microseconds?

Why was I told 3 days?

Why are you trying to hold me hostage after my contract has been cancelled?

What am i supposed to do for 3 weeks without a SIM?

How are you even still in business?
26.09.2019 11:49 #2
"LIED TO" "HELD HOSTAGE!" 
Such absolute hysteria and no need for it at all. 

Having worked in the industry years ago, sometimes the unlock codes generated don't work. In which case the mobile operator needs to request the code from the phone manufacturer. If it doesn't work.. well, sometimes you're best going to one of those Pakistani-run mobile phone shops to get it unlocked the unofficial way. 
26.09.2019 11:53 #3
Originally posted by antix80
"LIED TO" "HELD HOSTAGE!" 
Such absolute hysteria and no need for it at all. 

Having worked in the industry years ago, sometimes the unlock codes generated don't work. In which case the mobile operator needs to request the code from the phone manufacturer. If it doesn't work.. well, sometimes you're best going to one of those Pakistani-run mobile phone shops to get it unlocked the unofficial way. 

Hi antix - do you work for Tesco?

If not, please note, I am not interested in your response. Please also note, I was lied to and I am not hysterical. Thanks for wasting your time and mine. 
26.09.2019 12:00 #4
Hi Liverzeb,

No I don't work for Tesco Mobile but I'm thinking of applying. How about this.. 

I am sorry you have not been contacted in relation to your sad story. Please send a PM to one of the reps with your details.

Just to let you know, if you'd like an instant reply, you can also contact us on our "Live Chat" service through our website.

Best regards

antix80
26.09.2019 12:11 #5
Hi Liverzeb,

No I don't work for Tesco Mobile but I'm thinking of applying. How about this.. 

I am sorry you have not been contacted in relation to your sad story. Please send a PM to one of the reps with your details.

Just to let you know, if you'd like an instant reply, you can also contact us on our "Live Chat" service through our website.

Best regards

antix80

I don't think you would get the job - the use of 'sad story' in your reply is unnecessary and the customer may believe you do not genuinely believe his story is sad. It would be better to go with something like:

I am sorry you have been experiencing issues with our service. Please be assured we will look into your issues as soon as possible and will try to resolve them to your satisfaction. To continue, we will require some verification information, so please send a Private Message with............
1 thank
26.09.2019 12:22 #6
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your insight because it helps us build a better customer experience. 

If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns or compliments, please feel welcome to reach back out as we would be more than happy to assist.
26.09.2019 12:25 #7
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your insight because it helps us build a better customer experience. 

If you have any more questions, comments, or concerns or compliments, please feel welcome to reach back out as we would be more than happy to assist.

Much better. 
1 thank
26.09.2019 16:19 #8
Hello Liverzeb,

We are sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Can you please send us private message (with your mobile number, full name, address and mother's maiden name (for verification purposes)) here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=newpm&u=554494 ? We will be happy to assist you further.

Kind regards,
Romualdas
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image