Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Virgin Media Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
92%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday, Wednesday & Friday, 12pm-3pm.

Fire stick and broadband

11.09.2019 16:53 #1
Started using a Fire stick recently. Seems to be causing my broadband to go down.

Can someone point me in the right direction to get these both working together?

Ta.
12.09.2019 07:53 #2
Not sure how this is happening. One tip is to set up your firestick on the 5GHz network and not the 2.3GHx one, if it is a HD compatible firestick
1 thank
12.09.2019 11:55 #3
Originally posted by Ally Dick
Not sure how this is happening. One tip is to set up your firestick on the 5GHz network and not the 2.3GHx one, if it is a HD compatible firestick

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like there might be a problem with my broadband. Technician arriving tomorrow.
1 thank
12.09.2019 11:56 #4
where is it in relation to the broadband?

one of my sticks for the bedroom wouldn't work and needed to buy a booster got one for 20 quid on amazon and haven't had an issue since 
1 thank
12.09.2019 14:40 #5
Sometimes I have found the firestick says that there is no network. To fix this, I pull the power connection out, and it works the next time
1 thank
13.09.2019 12:36 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by stovecoal

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like there might be a problem with my broadband. Technician arriving tomorrow.

Hi Stovecoal,

I'm not sure as to why an engineer would have been booked if the issue is only relating the the fire stick. From the info you've provided so far it would appear the issue sits with that equipment rather than our connection but our engineer should be able provide more detail. 

If there's anything you need after the visit just let us know, we'll be here to help.

Thanks
13.09.2019 21:03 #7
Originally posted by Virgin Media: Brian
Hi Stovecoal,

I'm not sure as to why an engineer would have been booked if the issue is only relating the the fire stick. From the info you've provided so far it would appear the issue sits with that equipment rather than our connection but our engineer should be able provide more detail. 

If there's anything you need after the visit just let us know, we'll be here to help.

Thanks

Brian,

Phrased that wrong.

Having problems with my broadband and I thought it was to do with the Fire stick.

Unplugged the Fire stick for 2 days, still BB problems.

Technician called today - faulty splitter between TV and BB. Problem fixed.

Great service from VM again.

Cheers.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list