Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Query regarding topping up via the app

09.09.2019 21:17 #1
Hi,

Why do i have to keep putting in the number i want to top up and my card details EVERY TIME I TOP UP!?!?!?!?!

This issue has only cropped up lately.

Prior to this all i had to do was select the amount i wanted to top up and away i go.

Is there any reason in particular you ( as in Tesco Mobile, not you individually) chose to remove this feature from the app.

Did too many people complain that it was too easy to top up and some sort of inconvenience needed to be added into the mix?

My account is linked to the app so theres no logical reason why i need to tell the app the number i want to top up or the card i will be using to complete the transaction.

Regards,

Ryan.
11.09.2019 13:45 #2
Hi ryan91,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're sorry to hear about this. Please send us a DM here with your details and we'd be more than happy to check this for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
11.09.2019 15:21 #3
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Caitlin
Hi ryan91,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're sorry to hear about this. Please send us a DM here with your details and we'd be more than happy to check this for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin

Hi there,

No need for a DM in this case as its not a private matter.

The issue is with the app and its functionality which one would hope isn't a matter exclusive to particular accounts/customers.

Again the query is as follows - When i go to TopUp using the latest version of the TescoMoblie App I am now prompted each time to type in the number I want to top up and also input my card details despite my account being logged into the app.

Why is this necessary EVERY time i want to topup and why was the apps functionality backdated?

This was never the case before

Kind regards.

Ryan
Last edited by ryan91: 11.09.2019 at 16:17. Reason: Misspelled Private
11.09.2019 16:06 #4
Originally posted by ryan91
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Caitlin
Hi ryan91,

Thanks for getting in touch! We're sorry to hear about this. Please send us a DM here with your details and we'd be more than happy to check this for you.
<snip>

Many Thanks,
Caitlin

Hi there,

No need for a DM in this case as its not a privare matter.

The issue is with the app and its functionality which one would hope isn't a matter exclusive to particular accounts/customers.
<snip>

Why is this necessary EVERY time i want to topup and why was the apps functionality backdated?

This was never the case before

Kind regards.

Ryan

Perhaps for the same reason that TM find it necessary to whip EVERY query to PM. :confused:
12.09.2019 12:54 #5
Hello ryan91,

Thank you for addressing your concerns in relation to the mobile app.

We recently updated mobile app to fix topping up issues some of our customers were experiencing. We are sorry to hear you are disappointed with the new process of topping up through the app. We will pass your feedback to our app developers.

Kind regards,
Romualdas
12.09.2019 15:20 #6
Well thats a bit rubbish isn't it,

I'm now having issues topping up so can you get your app developers to look into updating the app to save numbers and card details

I doubt this is outside the realms of possibility seeing the app used to do this.

Regards

Ryan.

*Edit*

Supporting evidence attachedfrom Android play Store Reviews indicates im not the only one encountering this issue.
Last edited by ryan91: 12.09.2019 at 15:43.
24.09.2019 13:41 #7
Any chance of a solution other than changing screen resolution, just to suit one app (Tesco) that I use every 28 days
24.09.2019 14:07 #8
Hi dohouch,

Thanks for getting in touch! Please send us a DM here with your details and we'll certainly look into the issues you're experiencing.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image