Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco rates, unstable

02.09.2019 12:04 #1
Registered User
Hi,

My plan is expired atm, didn't topup yet because I still have credit on my phone to use. I just checked my call history online and it looks like you are now charging 0.42 per minute instead of 0.35 as shown on the website.  Why is that? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.



See attachments:



Attached Images

02.09.2019 12:18 #2
Hi Roxana,

Thanks for getting in touch! Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name and we'll certainly look into these charges for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.


Many Thanks,
Caitlin
02.09.2019 12:28 #3
Registered User
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Caitlin
Hi Roxana,

Thanks for getting in touch! Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name and we'll certainly look into these charges for you.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.


Many Thanks,
Caitlin

Done
02.09.2019 13:39 #4
Hi Roxana,


Thanks for that! We've responded to your PM.


Many Thanks,
Caitlin
04.09.2019 22:46 #5
Registered User
Originally posted by roxana
Hi,

My plan is expired atm, didn't topup yet because I still have credit on my phone to use. I just checked my call history online and it looks like you are now charging 0.42 per minute instead of 0.35 as shown on the website.  Why is that? :rolleyes: Thanks in advance.



See attachments:




It’s a 7 cent connection charge which brings it to 42 cent.
3 thanks
05.09.2019 14:57 #6
And, yet AGAIN, taken off to the secret bowels of PM. ???
2 thanks
05.09.2019 15:26 #7
Registered User
Originally posted by Sparkrite
And, yet AGAIN, taken off to the secret bowels of PM. ???

It's clear the prepaid customer was mistaken when he thought the call would only cost 35c given that any of Tesco's prepaid plans that charge 35c a minute also charge a connection fee. Or am I mistaken? 
The legacy (2017) plan charges 35c per minute plus a 7c connection fee. 
The current prepaid offering is 35c per minute plus a 9c connection fee. 
05.09.2019 17:40 #8
Originally posted by antix80
Originally posted by Sparkrite
And, yet AGAIN, taken off to the secret bowels of PM. ???

It's clear the prepaid customer was mistaken when he thought the call would only cost 35c given that any of Tesco's prepaid plans that charge 35c a minute also charge a connection fee. Or am I mistaken? 
The legacy (2017) plan charges 35c per minute plus a 7c connection fee. 
The current prepaid offering is 35c per minute plus a 9c connection fee. 

Regardless of the above, why take it to PM when it was a straight forward and general question ?
It just appears that practically EVERY query is taken immediately to PM.
Somewhat defeats the purpose of a 'help' forum.
4 thanks
05.09.2019 17:44 #9
Registered User
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Originally posted by antix80
Originally posted by Sparkrite
And, yet AGAIN, taken off to the secret bowels of PM. ???

It's clear the prepaid customer was mistaken when he thought the call would only cost 35c given that any of Tesco's prepaid plans that charge 35c a minute also charge a connection fee. Or am I mistaken? 
The legacy (2017) plan charges 35c per minute plus a 7c connection fee. 
The current prepaid offering is 35c per minute plus a 9c connection fee. 

Regardless of the above, why take it to PM when it was a straight forward and general question ?
It just appears that practically EVERY query is taken immediately to PM.
Somewhat defeats the purpose of a 'help' forum.

Couldn't agree more. It took a member of the Boards.ie public to explain the issue for the benefit of other users rather than a Tesco representative explaining for the benefit of everybody. 

Comes across as terrible service by Tesco and completely not in the spirit of a public forum.
3 thanks
05.09.2019 17:44 #10
Registered User
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Regardless of the above, why take it to PM when it was a straight forward and general question ?


I'm agreeing with you. No reason for customer validation.
2 thanks
05.09.2019 21:32 #11
Registered User
Originally posted by antix80
Originally posted by Sparkrite
And, yet AGAIN, taken off to the secret bowels of PM. ???

It's clear the prepaid customer was mistaken when he thought the call would only cost 35c given that any of Tesco's prepaid plans that charge 35c a minute also charge a connection fee. Or am I mistaken? 
The legacy (2017) plan charges 35c per minute plus a 7c connection fee. 
The current prepaid offering is 35c per minute plus a 9c connection fee. 

That is exactly it.  The problem is I don't remember the connection fee with my simply value plan several months ago. Maybe I am mistaken, read T&C available, but nothing is there about it, hence the started thread. I am still trying to get T&C on my (old) plan, but (for some reason) I can't.
05.09.2019 22:29 #12
Registered User
Originally posted by roxana
That is exactly it.  The problem is I don't remember the connection fee with my simply value plan several months ago. Maybe I am mistaken, read T&C available, but nothing is there about it, hence the started thread. I am still trying to get T&C on my (old) plan, but (for some reason) I can't.


Pretty sure the connection fee wasn't there in the very beginning.. But seems to have been brought in by most if not all networks in the past few years. Given it's 7c on the old plan and 9c on the new i reckon it's been there a few years without you noticing.

Some people believe prices don't change when you're on a legacy plan but that simply isn't true. While some prices stay the same i think the price per MB, text messages and the minimum 1 minute charge and connection fees were all introduced or increased for existing customers. I reckon some of the increases were to cover lost revenue from the EU's rules on roaming.

In fairness i got texts advising me of changes but i beleive it's sufficient for mobile operators to just put an ad in the paper.
1 thank
06.09.2019 23:26 #13
Registered User
Originally posted by antix80
Originally posted by roxana
That is exactly it.  The problem is I don't remember the connection fee with my simply value plan several months ago. Maybe I am mistaken, read T&C available, but nothing is there about it, hence the started thread. I am still trying to get T&C on my (old) plan, but (for some reason) I can't.


Pretty sure the connection fee wasn't there in the very beginning.. But seems to have been brought in by most if not all networks in the past few years. Given it's 7c on the old plan and 9c on the new i reckon it's been there a few years without you noticing.

Some people believe prices don't change when you're on a legacy plan but that simply isn't true. While some prices stay the same i think the price per MB, text messages and the minimum 1 minute charge and connection fees were all introduced or increased for existing customers. I reckon some of the increases were to cover lost revenue from the EU's rules on roaming.

In fairness i got texts advising me of changes but i beleive it's sufficient for mobile operators to just put an ad in the paper.

You're right, I didn't notice it, that's why I asked :D Thanks for clarification, you honestly took your time and explained it to me. Much appreciated <3 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion