Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Forgot security question

01.09.2019 03:27 #1
I have forgotten my security question and can't log into my account. What can I do???
02.09.2019 10:49 #2
Hi dull_gun,

Thanks for getting in touch! Not to worry, we can certainly assist you with this. Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
04.09.2019 22:53 #3
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Caitlin
Hi dull_gun,

Thanks for getting in touch! Not to worry, we can certainly assist you with this. Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Many Thanks,
Caitlin
I was under the impression that the security question was mother’s maiden name, so how can they PM you with that info if they can’t remember it.
06.09.2019 11:28 #4
Hi 200motels,

Yes, the standard security question would be the mothers maiden name. We would not be able to get a password reset in a public forum. All account-related queries would need to be assisted with in a PM.

Thanks,
Luke
06.09.2019 16:33 #5
Dear God, it gets worse !

OP:- "I have forgotten my security question and can't log into my account."

TM:- "Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name."

200motels:- "I was under the impression that the security question was mother’s maiden name,
so how can they PM you with that info if they can’t remember it"

TM:- "Yes, the standard security question would be the mothers maiden name.

It beggers belief . :rolleyes:
1 thank
06.09.2019 16:38 #6
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Dear God, it gets worse !

OP:- "I have forgotten my security question and can't log into my account."

TM:- "Please send us a PM here with your mobile number, full name, address and mothers maiden name."

200motels:- "I was under the impression that the security question was mother’s maiden name,
so how can they PM you with that info if they can’t remember it"

TM:- "Yes, the standard security question would be the mothers maiden name.

It beggers belief . :rolleyes:

Well if you can't remember your mother's maiden name or if you made up one, what would you expect them to do? Besides many companies, not just mobile phone companies, allow you to select alternative questions, mine is my wife's first pet or favourite holiday destination, changed from mother's maiden name etc.
06.09.2019 16:44 #7
Originally posted by Spook_ie

Well if you can't remember your mother's maiden name or if you made up one, what would you expect them to do? Besides many companies, not just mobile phone companies, allow you to select alternative questions, mine is my wife's first pet or favourite holiday destination, changed from mother's maiden name etc.

That is usually the case, but given the limited info here that does not seem to apply.

EG:-

"I've forgotten my answer to the security question (standard question=mothers maiden name), can you help?"

"Yes we can, please Pm us with (personal details) and your mothers maiden name."

C'mon ??
1 thank
08.09.2019 00:19 #8
Originally posted by Sparkrite
That is usually the case, but given the limited info here that does not seem to apply.

EG:-

"I've forgotten my answer to the security question (standard question=mothers maiden name), can you help?"

"Yes we can, please Pm us with (personal details) and your mothers maiden name."

C'mon ??
It really is unbelievable.
12.09.2019 12:37 #9
Hello Sparkrite,

As the starting point for account verification, we ask full name, address and mother's maiden name. If some of the details advised by customer does not match the details we have on the account, we do ask additional security questions to complete account verification.

Kind regards,
Romualdas
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image