Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

sky.com/nevermiss not working for Ireland accounts? "Incorrect Region"

29.08.2019 09:55 #1
sky.com/nevermiss not working for Ireland accounts, or is it only this account? 
Setup seems OK, but then resulting emails to record a restarting series gives message "Incorrect Region".

For example I received an email "MasterChef: Season 13 starts soon"
Options shown are 

BBC One London Wed 29 Mar, 8PM Record
BBC One HD Wed 29 Mar, 8PM         Record

Pressing the Record button lets you select "record once" or "record series" but then an error message comes up: "Incorrect Region"

Same for Great British Bake Off: An Extra Slice
Channel 4 Fri 30 Aug, 8PM Record
Channel 4 HD Fri 30 Aug, 8PM Record

PM sent with account details

Attached Images

Last edited by andublin: 29.08.2019 at 12:03.
29.08.2019 12:59 #2
Verified representative
Hi Andublin,

Thanks for your post.

Have you tried recording these directly through the box as it may just be giving you the UK regions through the box.

I am very sorry for the frustration as it does seem odd for this to happen.

Thanks,
Derek
29.08.2019 14:25 #3
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Derek

Have you tried recording these directly through the box as it may just be giving you the UK regions through the box.

I am very sorry for the frustration as it does seem odd for this to happen

Thanks for the suggestion, but . .
The nevermiss notifications come by email, more than 7 days in advance of series start; so setup directly on the box is not possible then. By the time it is allowed directly on the box, the reminder has been forgotten . .
Can you identify if the problem is relevant to all Irish subscribers or this one account? And then start the process of getting it fixed?
Thank you

P.S. I think nevermiss also misses reminders on Irish stations, can this be looked at also.
Last edited by andublin: 29.08.2019 at 14:33.
29.08.2019 15:05 #4
Verified representative
Hi Andublin,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have sent this onto the relevant department to get the ball rolling on this case.

As soon as we have an update I will post it here.

Thanks,
Derek
05.09.2019 23:24 #5
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Derek

I have sent this onto the relevant department to get the ball rolling on this case.

It has been a week now, please chase for an update, thanks
06.09.2019 13:10 #6
Hi andublin,

Thanks for your post. 

I have spoken with Derek on this matter and it has been escalated, this is a inter regional problem and when we have a full update we will contact you directly on this platform.

Thanks,
James
30.10.2019 13:49 #7
"when we have a full update we will contact you directly on this platform" 

I just thought a gentle nudge for an answer might be in order, as it's two months now since I raised the issue. 

So either "That's a poor reflection on our customer service for an entire country, and we'll commit to fix it, even if it will take months"

or

"It's only Ireland, they don't matter" 

But knowing which would be nice. Two months is enough for that decision to have been made. Please let me know, Thanks!
30.10.2019 15:49 #8
Hi andublin, thanks for coming back to us.

I'm sorry we do not have an update on this Never miss issue at this time.

Can you PM Sky Ireland: Reps with your details and I'll contact you directly?

Please bear in mind any PM sent after 5pm will be picked up the next working day.

Thanks,

Carl K
02.11.2019 17:31 #9
This issue was reported a long time ago, Jan 2016,  https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057543026 and nothing has changed, other than yet again a significant price increase with nothing new to justify it, and it's way beyond the rate of inflation,

The longer a number of issue like this go on, the closer I am getting to moving to an alternative platform, there's very few reasons that are keeping me tied into a very expensive package, and the inability of the Sky technical sections to provide answers is becoming increasingly frustrating.
2 thanks
02.11.2019 19:37 #10
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Carl K
. .
I'm sorry we do not have an update on this Never miss issue at this time.

Can you PM Sky Ireland: Reps with your details and I'll contact you directly?

Hi Carl, why would you want to contact directly and privately on a matter which affects all Ireland subscribers? Public answer would inspire more confidence I think.

Also, why would you need me to repeat the details previously sent?

Genuine questions here, not rhetorical, so answers to both questions appreciated, thanks.
04.11.2019 13:38 #11
Verified representative
Hi Irish Steve and andublin,

Thank you both for your posts.

I understand your frustration and I do sincerely apologise for the delay in an update.

I have confirmed with the relevant team that the issue is currently under investigation and we will be notified once an update is available.

My apologies that I cannot provide any further information at this time.

All the best,
Ciara
02.01.2020 11:50 #12
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Ciara
I understand your frustration and I do sincerely apologise for the delay in an update.

I have confirmed with the relevant team that the issue is currently under investigation and we will be notified once an update is available.

Please pass on further information to the relevant team: Irish-only series such as "Room to improve" cannot be added, not found in the database which nevermiss uses.

And send them my sympathy for being so overworked that they cannot give you a decision on whether they will try to fix the issue or not.
1 thank
02.01.2020 13:01 #13
Hi andublin,

I'll make sure this is passed on to the relevant team.

Thanks for your message and I apologise for the delay.

Ryan
13.01.2020 14:15 #14
Because the responsible team are not responding, can you escalate this above their heads? and into a manager or director who might give a damn and have the clout to make at least a substantial reply happen and wake the team up from their indifference to customer service?

You could summarise as follows:

A problem affecting all Irish subscribers who use "sky.com/nevermiss" service has gone without even the courtesy of any reply or update for at least 4 months despite reminders.
A recent example of the problem is the Sky series "Cobra", (available in all sky regions) resulting in the message "incorrect region" in Ireland when an attempt is made to record on Sky One HD, using the link in the reminder email from nevermiss.
The customer would prefer a reply of "yes we will fix it, but it will take x months" but would accept "ireland doesn't matter so we'll not bother".
The customer does not accept "we will post a reply when an update is available " outstanding since Sep 2019.

Hopefully you ca get a ton of bricks to fall from from a management height. Thanks.
13.01.2020 17:02 #15
Verified representative
Originally posted by andublin
Because  the responsible team are not responding, can you escalate this above their heads? and into a manager or director who might give a damn and have the clout to make at least a substantial reply happen and wake the team up from their indifference to customer service?

You could summarise as follows:

A problem affecting all Irish subscribers who use "sky.com/nevermiss" service has gone without even the courtesy of any reply or update for at least 4 months despite reminders.
A recent example of the problem is the Sky series "Cobra", (available in all sky regions) resulting in the message "incorrect region" in Ireland when an attempt is made to record on Sky One HD, using the link in the reminder email from nevermiss.
The customer would prefer a reply of "yes we will fix it, but it will take x months" but would accept "ireland doesn't matter so we'll not bother".
The customer does not accept "we will post a reply when an update is available " outstanding since Sep 2019.

Hopefully you ca get a ton of bricks to fall from from a management height. Thanks.

Hi andublin,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

we will need to get some details regarding this issue, can you please PM your details to Sky Ireland: Reps and we can look into this?

Thanks,
Jenny
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image