Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

68 hrs
Response Time
67%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

App no longer works on latest version of Android. Android 10 (formally known as Andro

11.09.2019 12:58 #31
It is absolutely scandalous that this isn't working yet. Your IT team should be hanging their heads in shame
11.09.2019 13:13 #32
I am going to email a few news outlets. Maybe some publicity will light a fire under you get it working. 
Last edited by Pablo_Flox: 11.09.2019 at 15:12.
4 thanks
11.09.2019 15:10 #33
Note for people to request the physical digital key. I requested one last Friday and got it today. They said 7 to 10 days so yours may take longer than mine but I at least have a means to get into my account now.
12.09.2019 10:42 #34
First app update rolled out since June. Does it fix Android 10. Of course it doesn't.
2 thanks
12.09.2019 11:09 #35
Wow. Update released yesterday (11th Sept) to comply with PSD2. STILL NO ANDROID 10 SUPPORT?! Well at least I have the app on the iPad and I can log on to the web, oh wait...

Attached Images

1 thank
12.09.2019 11:29 #36
Originally posted by masterofp
Wow. Update released yesterday (11th Sept) to comply with PSD2. STILL NO ANDROID 10 SUPPORT?! Well at least I have the app on the iPad and I can log on to the web, oh wait...

It really is a shambles. Call them up and get a physical key. It has got me going for now.
12.09.2019 11:31 #37
Absolutely shocking contempt for customers. 

I encourage everyone to lodge a formal complaint online:https://www.kbc.ie/contact-us/email-us 
12.09.2019 11:31 #38
Originally posted by henke

It really is a shambles. Call them up and get a physical key. It has got me going for now.

I don't really need it. I can do most of the transactions on the iPad. I would have ordered that if it could be used alongside the app, once it's operational again. But no. It's either or. Not possible to have the physical key as backup.
12.09.2019 11:50 #39
I don't really need it. I can do most of the transactions on the iPad. I would have ordered that if it could be used alongside the app, once it's operational again. But no. It's either or. Not possible to have the physical key as backup.

Does that mean when the app updates I can't use it as before? Just because I logged in with a physical key?
Last edited by henke: 12.09.2019 at 11:56.
12.09.2019 12:06 #40

Does that mean when the app updates I can't use it as before? Just because I logged in with a physical key?

You will have to re-register with the app and the digital key will become useless.
1 thank
12.09.2019 12:14 #41
You will have to re-register with the app and the digital key will become useless.

Jesus that is a bit of a shambolic setup. No real reason a user should not be allowed to log on or a PC. Not either or.
1 thank
12.09.2019 13:03 #42

Jesus that is a bit of a shambolic setup. No real reason a user should not be allowed to log on or a PC.  Not either or.

Well, you still will have the access on the app and PC. But the digital key generator can inly be one device. So if you order the physical key now it will grant you access on the PC, but after the app (or rather if) gets updated, that piece of electronics will be useless and the digital key will have to be generated from the app.

At least that was my understanding in May, when I spoke with KBC to have the app updated for Android Q beta...
1 thank
12.09.2019 13:51 #43

Jesus that is a bit of a shambolic setup. No real reason a user should not be allowed to log on or a PC.  Not either or.

Well, you still will have the access on the app and PC. But the digital key generator can inly be one device. So if you order the physical key now it will grant you access on the PC, but after the app (or rather if) gets updated, that piece of electronics will be useless and the digital key will have to be generated from the app.

At least that was my understanding in May, when I spoke with KBC to have the app updated for Android Q beta...

Yeah, I see what you mean. Basically I will I have to re-register to use the app once its updated, then next year when Android 11 come out and the app is broke again, I then have re-re-register the physical key to get access to my account:D
12.09.2019 14:36 #44

Yeah, I see what you mean. Basically I will I have to re-register to use the app once its updated, then next year when Android 11 come out and the app is broke again, I then have re-re-register the physical key to get access to my account:D

More like order new one :)
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image