Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Blacknight Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Upgrading from shared to cloud hosting

20.07.2019 13:46 #1
Has anyone any experience on the outcome of this ? I am using a shared host plan and want a faster service.

How much faster can I expect a cloud service to be ?
20.07.2019 23:24 #2
Originally posted by mondeo
Has anyone any experience on the outcome of this ? I am using a shared host plan and want a faster service.

How much faster can I expect a cloud service to be ?

Three or four times faster, five times slower..... it entirely depends on what you are doing and who loaded your current shared hosting environment is.
21.07.2019 13:02 #3
Originally posted by Jim2007
Three or four times faster, five times slower..... it entirely depends on what you are doing and who loaded your current shared hosting environment is.

I'm with blacknight shared hosting. Spurious times during the day it's either fast or slow, usually slow. My site is not that big. I have been told an upgrade to a cloud based server may be sufficient. I really don't know.
24.07.2019 09:11 #4
Boards.ie Community Manager
Moved to Blacknight forum with OP's consent. 
24.07.2019 10:13 #5
Originally posted by mondeo
Originally posted by Jim2007

I'm with blacknight shared hosting. Spurious times during the day it's either fast or slow, usually slow. My site is not that big. I have been told an upgrade to a cloud based server may be sufficient. I really don't know.

Hi Mondeo, the speed of a site can vary depending on many factors, in a shared environment this can be amplified but we use Cloudlinux LVE with site isolation and caps mean that every site’s resource consumption, whether it’s Request Rate, CPU, RAM or bandwidth related won’t affect other sites on the same server.

If you wish to PM me details of your site I can investigate further and follow up.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video